Best Hub Motor Options?

Seems he couldnt send messages and had to find a different way to communicate

Do you know where I can find the V3 motor or even the V2.5? I don’t see either of them available on their site or kickstarter page.

Only way to get V3’s was during his kickstarter campaign, and he stopped selling DIY parts all together.

1 Like

What type of battery do you have on 4wd board? Build thread?

No build thread sorry, its a 12S6P 25R pack built by @barajabali

2 Likes

Hummies next generation motors will hopefully begin testing soon. It should fix all of the issues, and will be the most powerful hub motor ever made (besides the last one, which was just too big, lol).

Give it a few months and you’ll likely see them market.

1 Like

I don’t mind testing your next gen motors @Hummie

I belive most of his next gen motors are already claimed, but message him. He might still have some left. Parts have been slowly arriving. A few more weeks, and the first motors should be arriving. I’m beefing up my cnc machine so I can make some mods for them!

I hope he is going to make them bigger with 90mm urethane.

Abec11 centrax 83x78 I’m excited should be no longer than two weeks.

I will be making 90mm for my self and selling them to the community so don’t worry. :slight_smile:

I thought long about which hubs I’d buy. Ended up saving for Dual Carvon V2.5’s.

They are overpriced. But they also are durable, clean looking, strong and (for my 130 Pounds) faster than anything I’m even considering. Expecting nothing less for V3’s.

What you may want to consider is wait just a tiny bit and check out reviews for new Hummies/V3’s or waiting for the V2.5 prices to drop.

Many other less known options out there though which I don’t know much about. Just as a firsttimehubbuyer avoid anything that looks to cheap to be true without reviews!

Sounds like a beast. Have you measured how many watts you’re pulling with all those hub motors at max

All of them Im sure lol. In all serioisness, I’m confident I’m summing well over 100A accelerating from a low speed but I’ll log a couple runs and report back. I initally had all 4 wheels set at 200 motor amps and 50 battery amps but everyone who tried it except for me said it was so fast it wasnt fun anymore so I dialed it back some and settled at 30 battery amps and 120 motor amps per wheel. I also reduced the start up boost and current ramp settings which tamed it quite a bit. Ive got all four VESC’s connected via CAN BUS and have a mirco USB extention on the side of the enclousure so I can tune all 4 speed controllers without dissassembly.

1 Like

But how will you get Carvon V2.5’s? People seem to hold onto them and Jerry isn’t selling them new anymore.

1 Like

Hahahaha. Right on! Must be fun to ride

You should consider ackmaniacs android phone app and firmware to find out information like max amps, max watts and a lot of other things.

1 Like

@Titoxd10001 I havent used Ackmaniacs app yet. I use Metr and Perimetr by @rpasichnyk. Pretty similar functionality as far as I can tell.

1 Like

@ACIN @BigBoyToys I have a 4WD Carvon v2 setup I can sell. Unused.

Im interested, price?

Wheel diameter? Flywheel or Nobrand? 83 or 90mm? Color?