Best remote you've used

Nyko kama FTW.

4 Likes

GT2B w @MasterCho mod meets all the specs you named @Hummie this is the only remote I use.

5 Likes

How can the potentimeter’s 1024 be fully used? A pulley set-up or something simpler? All the electronic are there for great detail and it seems to need a good mechanical lever or something to increase angle or distance Anyone selling the master cho mod done?

Nice updates!

1 Like

Heres mine

The most overlooked, underappreciated controller: the wiiceiver/wiimote

Alienpowersystem’s remote. It’s awesome

5 Likes

Hands down I like my Boosted remote the most. But as for DIY, I’ve enjoyed the Mini. And will be doing the GT2B MasterCho mid this week. I really like the feel of it when I did a test ride of BigBoyToys’ last week

3 Likes

the gt2b has a low battery warning?

If you you have some for reserve, in case your remote breaks and do not need one fast, you can order these for 10ish$ on ebay

I highly recommend the GT2B in a master cho enclousure as your next remote. Its exactly what you are asking for. The mini 2.4 is a distant 2nd, but the rest of the remotes on the market just don’t have enough throw to spread out the 120A your board is capable of.

6 Likes

the 2,4ghz mini right now for me, had nano, and benchwheel aswell.

Nano was good if you wanted to end your life but not quite certain of how and when.

Benchwheel - best formfactor imo. But had 2 from a bad batch so wasnt a very pleasent experience if any at all. Waiting on new recievers tho.

2,4ghz wins because of its realiability.

Found some inspiration from @jackw (correct me if Im wrong) who made a mode of the benchwheel to contain the 2,4ghz mini hardware. - that will most likely be the best remote whenever I get down to figuring that out :wink:

7 Likes

Ha-ha the nano is good if u want to end ur life but not quite sure how or when. O I keep laughing.

5 Likes

Im like a cat - 9 lives, tho after my first set of weeks with that remote I think I wasted 8/9 of them

4 Likes

I’ve used the mini remote and it was flawless. It was a bit awkward in my hand. The finger loop? throttle was too small. Sold it no regrets to a fellow Canuck. Now I’m using the gt2b remote in a master cho modded case as well as a nano-x. They have both been flawless. The nano-x is a bit small in my hand but not too bad and performs well. I can’t remember if it came with a lanyard or not. I have one on it that is useless. if it did come with it??? The loop needs to be larger and adjustable.

I’d highly recommend

• the mini remote. You can get it on banggood.com with free shipping for $15.83 Canadian dollars skinamalinky
  • gt2b from amazon or hobbyking with master cho chozen , badwolf, mad monkey and sparkle mods
  • the nano-x. My only gripe is you have to calibrate every time you turn it on.

edit I swear spellcheck is gonna start a war one day. In the end it is user error for not double checking. I feel the need to apologize here if anyone did see my spelling error before I corrected it. It was 100% not my intention to use that word or offend anyone. Peace and Love y’all :v: edit2 added mad monkey mod to the gt2b mods list

3 Likes

Using the nano v2 at the moment for my mini cruiser, it is decent and fits in my pocket. On the other boards I am using a benchwheel remote. Played around with other springs and now I really dig it. Still compact, comfortable to hold, no drop outs ever and I like the throttel curve with it.

I’m still interested in @mmaner’s design for the reversible thumb/trigger remote. If I remember right it was going to be a mod to the mini remote.

1 Like

ive tried gt2b, nunchuk, APS and mini remote. mini remote is by FAR the best, like by MILES! best reception, very sensitive trigger, small, robust, very small receiver unit, batteries last forever.

4 Likes

I abandoned it. I don’t have a mini remote anymore and really like the steez v2.

Bummer, you were on to something. Is the steeze v2 the newer thumb remote from maytech? Does it have cruise control?