Best sealed 6355 motors compatible with Focbox Unity for Evolve Carbon GT rebuild?

There’s a guy on the forum selling 2 sk3 6374 turningy motors, I believe he is selling them for 130 euros and you probably will have to get new motor mounts

No, it’s a 6pin 1.5mm jst to 6pin 2mm jst adapter. It will work with the maytech motors. I don’t know which plug evolve motors use.

I have tried to figure out how Evolve motors connect to the Unity. The Evolve motors have MT30 connectors and 5 pin sensor cable. I have found this on the forum, although it’s a mix up of focboxes, maytech motors and racerstar motors (identical to Evolve motors):

This is my conclusion:

Hall sensor: Cut off the 5 pin jst connector on the Evolve/Racerstar motor. Get a jst 2.0mm 6 pin connector with wires. Connect the wires (in the sequence shown in the threads above) between the hall sensor cable from the motor and the jst 2.0mm 6 pin connector. Connect by soldering the wires and heat shrink. Leave one slot empty on the jst 2.0mm 6 pin connector since the motor doesn’t have temperature sensor. Plug in to Unity.

Motor cable: Cut off the MT30 plug from the motor cable. Now three cables are exposed. Solder 3.5mm bullet connectors onto each wire and heat shrink. Plug in to Unity.

Please comment if this is correct. Or if there’s a better way of doing it.

1 Like

It seems possible but I had plans to replace them eventually anyway, so gonna buy new motors this week (Maytech) and sell the Evolve motors

The adapter is definitely needed for the Maytechs then? Gonna buy them this week and the site I’m ordering from has those adaptors too

If you buy from maytech directly than yes. If you buy rebranded maytechs, than it depends on the seller and if he requested different jst plugs. You could also just cut the old 1.5mm plug and crimp a 2mm jst on it, or solder and extension on. Easy thing.

Hey, do you still have those 20cm adapters available? Ones I got with the motors initially don’t work (not that I’ve been able to mount the motors yet haha)

Still have some left, with and without sleeves.