Bestech BMS constantly warm when switched off

Hi Everyone, I have a Bestech BMS (d223v1) and noticed that when wired for discharge/charge and switched off, a section of the BMS is constantly warm to touch. See pic below. Has anyone noticed this at all? I noticed it when I was assembling the board. Just before a test ride. Had not even gone for a ride.

Never noticed anything like that with them. Can you give details about your wiring? Especially the balance wiring.

Here’s my diagram. The numbers on the battery correspond with the balance numbers on the BMS.

Sounds like you may have one or more of your balance leads wired to the wrong cell group. Sounds like it’s dealing with a short… :confused:

I can definitely confirm that the balance leads a correct. I say this because I did initially have one wired incorrectly and the corresponding pins on the BMS went real hot. Too hot to touch.

Are you sure your parallel groups are in good shape? Might be a bad cell in one group and the BMS is constantly trying to passively balance the pack.

I think I’ve found a clue from another post. It could be that the BMS is still balancing the cells even when the charger isn’t plugged in.

That sounds logical since it has to dissipate the energy that it is trimming.

1 Like