Bestech BMS switch- necessary to wire?

No need to limit the current :slight_smile: the current is only going to be as high as the LED needs. Do you have the switch already ? Nice if it can run on 6v voltage

Yeah I have it already but didnā€™t have time to connect it yet. Iā€™ll try tonight. I think with 5V it might be a tad dimmer than with 6V which doesnā€™t bother me at all :wink:

Niceā€¦ can you report back :smiley:

Will do !!

Mission accomplished! 5V works well!

2 Likes

Perfect thanks. I order oneā€¦

FYI it also has same brightens over 3.3V :smiley:

1 Like

Is there any option, that it is possible to charge when switch is off? So the switch is just for discharging?

Bestech says the switch must be on. Thatā€™s all I know.

I wonder if these will work with 5v even tho it says 12v. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F182825054149

Iā€™m pretty sure yes. I think the 12V is the upper range. Give it a try :wink:

the power for the switch is 12v?

What voltage us in the wires for the switch 12 or battery voltage in my case 42v?

@Acido I just measured the switch connected to Bestech bms and when switched off it is at approx 7.5V. When I switch on my board it goes down to 0V :wink:

Thatā€™s connected via Bestech bms switch cables which come with it as standard bare without a switch.

Led is connected to 5V output on vesc.

Cool thanks will bookmark your message :slight_smile:

@MontPierre. How has the switch been doing connected to the vesc? Do u have any pics?

Hi! Itsā€™ been fine. To VESC I only connected LED wires from the switch ( to 5V on VESC) rest is connected to BMS switch. Unfortunately, I donā€™t have the board with me to take pics at this moment.This should help.

1 Like

does the BMS still balance at 42V (10s) when the switch is off?

With the metr app its kinda practical as you can set up a notification when the battery reaches its target voltage, letting you know when your board is readyā€¦

Canā€™t say for sure. The bms has to be on during charging per the manufacturer but it does appear to continue trimming after the charger and bms are turned off.

Iā€™ll email besetech. If I know anything else Iā€™ll let it know in this thread