Bestech HCX-D596 - The new 80A BMS - wiring

You can order directly from Bestech: http://bestechpower.com/

I also have one of them for sale (EU), because you have to order two at a time unfortunately:

Just to help some people out since I had some trouble with this (I got the answers from @pjotr47) Here is a screenshot of how you should connect your wires

IMG-20180728-WA0039 Solder your wires on those squares the arrows are pointing at.

The 11 (!) balances wires need to be wired as follows: Left to right when viewing the BMS as in my photo 10, 9, …, 3, 2, 1, B-

5 Likes

does this diagram seem right for wiring the balance leads on a 12s? https://esk8content.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/uploads/db2454/optimized/3X/8/3/839c1e65e39ce3fb4349d203ad20d3e611fb4519_1_375x500.jpg

Please complete the wiring. There are some leads missing. It looks like you wired the cells in a random order

1 Like

Also, the first pin (from the bottom) is supposed to be connected to ground, if I’m not mistaken.

Quite a noob question: trying to understand where the e-switch is as it’s not marked clearly anywhere… Could anybody help with this (while waiting for bestech response)… Thanks

the e-switch is the two white wires that are attached to the BMS, you will need to attach a latching switching/button to those wires

Thanks for the answer. It turned out Bestech sold me the non e-switch version in the end so will have to think about the alternative (the two white wires I have are for the temperature sensor apparently).

Talking about the e-switch, what voltage does it need to be able to handle? Is it dependent on the pack, so for 10S pack must it handle 42v? What about amps?

The e switch does not handle any outside current. The two wires just need to be connected to create a positive signal which will boot the BMS.

Use a switch of some sort that holds it’s state How come you think you need to wire your battery to the eswtich?

No I will not wire it to the battery, it will be wired to the BMS of course. I was thinking would 12v suffice or would it need to go up to 42v rating. I know there isn’t much current, that not the concern.

I have this same bms but it’s a 12s version, I’m not 100% sure if the first pin of the balance connector goes to negative b0 or to B1 (positive of first pack), hope to get input from you guys.

20181231_143844

It seems I need to plug both connectors the one with 11 pins and the one with 2 pins, that gives me a total of 13 pins.

1 Like

b0 goes to negative of p1. b1 to positive of p1 and so on. Yes you need to use both the two pin and 11 pin for the balance wires. I have the same 12s bms. Unfortunately I shorted it accidentally.

Hi all,

I have bought the 14S version (HCX-D596) with E-Switch. To understand well, this switch need to be open or closed to boot up the BMS ? Finally, it work out of the box without switch ? Thanks.

@jfk The switch must be ON for it to be powered to charge or discharge.

Does the D596 allow for regenerate current coming from the VESC to pass into the BMS and then go and charge the battery pack?? @sayekim @Eboosted @DavidBanner

Yes. Even if it doesn’t the esc allows it if you let it. Which everyone does.

You don’t need a bms for regenerative braking.

yes, I agree with @sayekim it does

So does that also.mean that the regen current is nicely balanced back to the pack as it should be??

the BMS will balance the cells

That’s good to know. :grin: At first I thought that on the Bestech the charge is different to discharge wires therefore it would only balance through the charge wires.