Here’s my take on it… Roughly based on Frank’s take on it
I know that @trampa justified the whiteness of the motors as to make them more eye popping in relation to their quality and in comparison with others, but… screw taht Ima want dem black
Circular incisions to insert insertional inserts making it possible to install footstraps from the top only (the bottom will be lava).
Here’s how flush they are.
All insert’s epoxied To seal the screw holes I’ve covered every insert’s bottom with some paper paint-tape and dropped a single drop of epoxy from the top to create a thin layer of it over the tape.
Here’s how it’s turned out.
Enslosure time! yay
One lip already shortened; the other one waiting to be.
Holes drilled and top incisions marked.
Slide made of two planks to guide the blade in a straight line. All the cuts ware made using such slides - straying from those pencil marks without guidance is all too easy, and all to easy to fuck your carbon beauty up for good.
All cut up, bendy and springy as hell.
This. Is. Gonna. Be. Nice. AS. DOG. DAMN. HELL!!!
Enclosure screws’ inserts epoxied into the deck.
And some final touches on the motors.
Fitting the silicone lining inside of the enclosure, sealing the yet to be installed electronics.
Roadside finally populated… at least partially
The slits really make the deck’s springiness virtually unaltered.
Motors installed… it starts to seem like it’s gonna be one piece of a beefy vehicle fo sho.
The remote control part of the process. A huge thank you to @sl33py for his walkathrough of it.
Spark ignition key as previously posted here: http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/how-to-anti-spark-xt-90-loop-key/204/33
"I really liked your design so I went the same way, @sl33py!
Here’s my take on it:
Broken off the protruding crescent moon bits and the inner plastic ridges.
Soldered a bridge between the connectors like @sl33py did. I did it with two 2mm bullet connectors.
Pulled a bit of paracord underneath.
Shaved off about 2mm off of top of the cup and squeezed it into the connector with the paracord sticking through the opening.
Cut off a bit of leather off a belt…
…shaped it into a tiny bone-shaped piece…
…and squeezed it between the paracord strands and into the opening of the connector cap.
The “spine” as by our good old @trampa Frank Thx for this awesome idea, mate! I’m making it with a slight mod though: apart from batteries’ compartments I’ve added two places for the BMS and two motor controllers, and the connecting plank is not made with wood but with tufnol instead. The wooden blocks are to be added soon - look out for it
The blocks are oaken.
The 12s4p batterypack is on its way now.
Endpieces for the enclosure. Cut out from an aluminum profile with some carbon fibre patterned film on them.
The overly detailed part documenting cutting out the ‘20th Century Boys’ hole for the charging socket.