Big Bad E-MTB - FLAMPA - Leopard 8072 - MAX6 - 9Inch Striker

I run those same motors on 12s lipo, It is two 6s 5000mah batteries and this was from the other day.Keep in mind I took a couple of stops but I would say I got 45+ min of actual ride time.

Thanks menwaylo So would you say that the larger motors are the way to go or not really? Those leopards are hard to find by what about alien powers 80mm 170kv? I would only be running 10s though. Im really looking for something to ride to the shops and friends houses via the train but also want something that puts a big smile on my face too. Got street tyres on order but will probably get dirt ones a but later once its finished. Cheers Shane

These motors are nice and very powerfull, but also a 6374 is fast and put a BIG smile in your face.

Yes the range drops a bit but not that massive i guess. I tracked another run with these motors and get about 5km with 5AH with a average speed of 20kmh.

1 Like

woow what :astonished:

I did an 23kph average cruise tour with vesc and single 6374, fairly loose belt and managed my best value so far: 9Wh/km! (it was a max range check afterall, so I didnt go mad along the way)

with your 8S and 5Ah, your energy consumption is 144Wh/5km = 29Wh/km, more than 3 times as much. :astonished:

was that a cruise tour or one of your “going mad with power wheelie whenever I can” gopro runs?

Are you selling the mounting kits for Trampa? I saw barajabali had gotten his mounts form you!

@Nowind sells them I think.

1 Like

Hey. I guess my driving style is always a little progressive. Love to pull the trigger hard so that the wheels spinout on loose underground. And i think that these moments will pull alot Amps, because the Max6 can deliver high currents and the Leopards take it (-;

Do i get you right that your compared run was with single motor? If so i think 3 times much isnt that bad (-; one 63mm Motor compared to two 80mm motors…

@JLabs yes i´m selling the parts.

Have had some more runs on this board done: The offroad characteristics with the 9Inch Striker are absolute amazing, i never thought that it make such a different compared to the 8inch ones.

try to make some video footage shortly to show what i mean.

Greetz

dual or single nearly doesnt matter, since the single motor works twice as hard compared to each individual motor of the dual drive in that moment. havent seen a conclusive comparison of dual vs. single efficiency - at least my setups only used up slightly more energy in dual config, but Im comparing my old dual 12S torqueboard ESC vs. single vesc of my latest builds (and as far as I know the tb escs didnt have regen braking for example)!

In my beginnings i started with single drive, as i moved on to dual drive i mentioned a higher battery draw maybe about 20-30%. The same i mentioned as i tested the Quad drive later with 4XSK3.

Hey Jenso, awesome build as usual, I don’t expect anything less from you! I’m glad you mentioned what Lipo batteries you are using, I’ve never been on the SLS website before, some huge capacity Lipos on stefansliposhop.de :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Sometimes SLS got really nice offers. Check the site regularly. Greetz

1 Like

This rig :slight_smile: look so rad. I have to make me :heart: one. Dude you out did yourself. Major props.

1 Like

You, ‘‘my mountainboard guru’’, do you know where to get some motor mounts for a trampa spring loaded axle?

Please send me an email to : [email protected] i can provide all needet parts Greetz

Tank you but this is still in planing^^ Need something for my 107mm flywheels, and I’m not sure if it will be a trampa street carver, or some g-bomb brackets :sunglasses: If i go the trampa way, i’ll buy your mounts.

Ok folks, I had the chance to record my energy consumption, riding the off-highway tracks of Amrum. Really not that progressive as Nowind’s driving style (about 15 km/h average), but I also get values of 23 up to 28 Wh/km. My setup is a Trampa with Nowinds dual belt drive and two 6374@210 kV. The higher energy consumption is achieved when drawing narrow circles on a soccer field :sunglasses: I got the feeling, that a lot of energy goes into the flexure of the belts. Even on roads with moderate downward gradient I have to energize :electric_plug:. Nowind, you also have energy consumption values for your belt drives compared to chain drives?

Dude

Hey Dude,

i actually using 12S with Roxxy 9120 and SK3-6374-192 on my Beltdrive. Hell of a machine, Vmax above 50kmh.

I need about 800mAh/km which is 35Wh/km.

1 Like

Hey. After very good results with the Robbe Roxxy 9120 ESC´s on my Trampa Board, i decidet to get a second pair to test them with the Leopards on the Flampa.

Also i want to fit the Beltdrive parts to the Flame Trucks and the 12mm shaft of the Leo´s. IMO the Beltdrive is a great option for very high power setups and the Flame truck is excelent for fitting parts. The complete truck is machined and the Mount can be placed in any wanted angle and position.

First of all i nededet the Motorpulleys for this big motorshaft :

Its not much left of the inside of the pulley, the originally one sided hub was removed trough the 12H7 boring :

I will use only Loctide for glueing them onto the shaft, amazing how strong this adhesive is!

Because i really want the full possible length of motorshaft to support the long pulley i cant go with the “Leopard-Adapter-Plates” … i have to slightly redesign the slots for the 43mm pitchcircle with M5 threads :

Left one is with 5.2mm Slots on the correct pattern:

Wheelpulleys are the new universal ones with 3 common pitchcircles of Trampa and Flame: The one on the left.

Fitted to the Flame Cryptic Hub with new red 9 Inch Strikers :

Rollers are the same as i use on the Trampa Beltdrive, just with a 1mm smaller spacer to get a little more clearence for the huge tires:

Belts i decidet to go with the HP Series from Optibelt, they should be 50% stronger then normal Optibelts. But double the price! Dont have any issues with the normal ones but like to use best parts and btw the red HP Logo fits so nicely in the colour theme :sunglasses:

Also get the Flame Bindings as you see here, really good stuff. Nice and comfortable:

Mounts and Pulleys in place:

Designed and milled a prototype ESC plate for the Roxxys, made out of 3mm Carbonfibre and POM:

Still a tight fit with the external BEC:

Mounted on the deck with 4 pcs M4 srews:

Got done the first miles on the new setup today. Rides really nice with the 9Inch and of course more powerfull with 12S. Got some cutoffs by hard acceleration on high grip surfaces, only milliseconds but noticeable. Have had these issues mentioned with MAX6 sometimes too. Not really sure whats the reason for that, maybe its a result of overheating one of the motors a few weeks ago caused due a woodenpiece which blockades the rotor… Dont know for sure … But have tons of fun today by drifting the hell out of it :smiling_imp:

Hang Loose Jenso

11 Likes

Hey Jenso,

This is Ben from California. Awesome work as always bro. Nice and clean :relaxed:

1 Like

Looks good mate, could you source me 4 leopards and roxxy? :slight_smile: