this is the culmination my previous project here:
i started that project but due to the size of the battery and the decision of having motors under the deck had to change strategy and this is where i ended up.
First stop was getting a new deck that could fit the massive batteries i had and clearance for the motors, serching the web i found customskateboard.com and choose 42" x 10" Deck with a personalized graphic, being in NYC so went for a BK theme.
Dimensions wise was spot on but the flex of this thing was just too much it was going to kill the batteries on the first try so what better excuse to apply some fiberglass to protect the graphic on the top and since i’m on it some carbon fiber to the bottom for stiffness to reduce that flex.
Fiberglass graphic protective layer
Bottom carbon fiber layer
for the battery are the same as my other post so i’ll not put them here, just go to the previous link.
For the battery enclosure i went with a 3 parts design to allow each individual element to move independently.
ok so here are more pics
and a short video :