Blank Custom | SK3 192KV | VESC | 9S LiPo | Custom Mount kit | Caliber Raw 44s | 83mm | GT2B Mod Sparkle

Did a quick capacity test on one of the batteries. I seem to have gotten 9,600 mAh out of a 8,000mAh lipo… I will have to redo this test to confirm but looks pretty good to me :slight_smile:

Upon recharging the lipos I got around 9500 mAh. Good test :thumbsup: I got belts today so I can’t wait to finish this all up and ride out :slight_smile:

Just in time for

It’s good

1 Like

What’s your pulley ratio? How can enertion belts not fit with a motor mount with the same measurements of enertion’s?

I had a mount from @fedestanco with pulleys from @Titoxd10001. The pulley ratio was 15-40. The mount just would not let me fit the enertion belts even when it was the shortest distance.

Yeah that’s probably the 40teeth pulley, it should fit 36 ones

I was wondering if someone could check my settings for the VESC. I am using a 192 6374 with sensor, 9S Lipo fully charged. With GT2B remote. 90mm wheels with a 15/140 gear ratio. I have one issue, I am able to run the Measure R and L test, but cant run Measure Flux (req:L) test.

I do need to change the voltage cutoffs.

@wmj259 how were you able to know that you got 9500mah on your lipo? I purchased a not-so-known lipo brand in china and I want to test it if it has the actual capacity as it states.

@jaysoncena I discharged down the lipo down to 3.37 volts, then I recharged the lipo back up to 4.17 volts. Because I wasn’t sure if my charger was good I kept that 0.03 volts as a tolerance. I also kept track of how much mAh was being taken out of the lipo every time I discharged it because it took about 4-5 days. I took pictures and added it up

Cool. My 3x3S lipos arrived and i’m just waiting for my ISDT charger to come and then i’ll do the same to test my lipo capacity. Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

1 Like

My next item to do is make a enclosure. The Tupperware looks okay, but its a little bit to tall and the bungee cords wrapped overtop don’t look appealing. Also I need to change the grip tape to something darker.

If anyone has a source for their abs plastic sheet, please let me know, I am so far looking at eBay and Walmart.

https://www.ebay.com/i/131849665744?chn=ps&dispItem=1

This is my attempt so far at making a vacuum forming box

3 Likes

Time to drill 3000 holes… :sweat:

1 Like

So far I made a 6"x11" hole system. Each hole is 1" apart from the other.

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. How did you land on your decision to make a vacuum forming box?

I’m in the process of figuring out ow I’m going to make my enclosure and leaning towards ghetto bagging with carbon fiber.

How do you plan on heating up the plastic?

My decision to make this was being kinda embarrassed (not really but felt shy when I was walking with my board and someone with a boosted board walked by. I noticed his enclosures (made that way) were quite slick and very neatly made, while I was using a $3 kitchen Tupperware from Walmart.

Held up by bungee cords

In your case I would agree that you go the ghetto bagging method, because you will definitely need to compress the carbon fiber a lot more that what a vacuum box provides. Your gonna have to compress all the resin deep into the fiber and the compression will help squeeze out extra resin.

1 Like

I’m thinking about using one of the space heaters I have at our shop. We just got a lot of car parts shipped, so I can probably take apart a box and line it with aluminum and place it over a heater.

nice, i am having a hard time finding a reliable way to heat up my plastic.