Bldc tool setup help

Since your motor is a higher kv you may need to have an even smaller pull on it like 12. It’s just that with your weight you can floor it or slam on the break too hard because your belt can slip over the teeth easier.

I can make it up hill if i dont slow down on them but going to do what u say and get the 12t.

Or im going get 13t ill see what i can find

12T won’t work though, that’s the issue, if you need more torque, get a bigger motor, but going that small in pulley size is gonna cause problems. You should probably go with at least 14.

Michael is right. If you can afford it, get a lower kv motor. However if not, he weighs 270 lbs. I weigh 250 lbs on 230 kv 10s 83mm and rarely skip teeth on 13t. Michael, add some sand bags to your board and try his setup, then recommend. I would try buying a couple of different pulleys. Then trying them. Twenty bucks or 80 for new motor. I think he is trying to make what he has work though.

God man I feel like you’re stalking me (kidding :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

I’m not saying my board works for everyone. If you want a 6S 20:36 ratio on your board, you will need dual drive, anyone over 140lbs will probably. I’m just saying I think if the option is available get the bigger motor and use a ratio which will benefit the belt more.

Lol. Funny. Yup dual drive would work

HI there Folks, hoping someone can help me with a BLDC setup issue.

I have my controller connected, via PPM, using current no reverse with brake. I have configured min and max pulsewidth, so all looks good.

When I push the stick forward, the motor accelerates smoothly all the way to full speed. HOWEVER, it does this when i even hold the stick just past idle, at 1% input. I can’t hold the throttle at a certain speed, it just accelerates too 100%!

With braking, this does not seem to happen, it can be controlled properly.

All help is appreciated! Thanks.

I’m assuming your doing this on the bench with no load…that is normal behavior. It will be more smooth accelerating when you have weight on the board.

1 Like

Im back did alot of testing and have it all the same settings the only problem i had is heat on the vesc that’s why I couldn’t make it uphill so I brought Mini aluminum heat sink to get the heat out with a small fan to cool it down it works beautifully

Set the maximum input voltage to 57V. Doesn’t matter which kind of battery you have. And do you have those 3 batteries in parallel or in series. Because you have to put them in series for your weight so that the battery becomes a 9S. Then also adjust the battery start and cutoff voltage to be safe. I think the best would be you post some screenshots of your settings again. Please also from the BLDC tab, not only the general tab.