BMS faulty can I replace with a different BMS?

Hey all I have a maxfind street ff that has stopped charging and stopped powering the board and after connecting the charger directly to the ESC it powers up and after connecting the ESC directly to B- and B+ the board fires up and says it’s half charged so I believe the BMS to be at fault so I was wondering if I can get another BMS from ben buckler boards and solder it into the current battery pack configuration. I’ll include photos of the new BMS wiring diagram and the battery pack layout, From what i can tell i would just need to desolder B 1-9 and connect them into the BMS and then just the charge and discharge cable and B+ and B- but im not too worried about that just mainly worried about the connection of the B1-9 wires. Any input would be greatly appreciated thank you.

1 Like

Use a multimeter to test all the positive tab and the negative terminal to properly solder on the bms charging wires. B1 would be 3.6v, B2 would be 7.2v, b3 would be 10.6v and so on…

The bms won’t work if you didn’t do this step. I would also just do a bms bypass instead of discharge via bms, but that would be on you.

Doing this with a multimeter will be much easier. If you don’t have one, just read off the bms and see which one goes from b1-b9. B- on negative side and the c- and c+ (b10) goes where it says (negative and positive. Aka, your discharge wires).

1 Like

Okay perfect I just wanted to make sure they would be compatible before I went and brought a replacement BMS. Thank you for your input legend.

1 Like