BMS for 4x 3s1p batteries

Hi I am planning on building a dual motor board with 192kv sk8 or sk3 motors. And I will probably go with the flipsky dual 4.20 plus and 4x 3s1p batteries 6000mah connected in series.

And I have a hard time choosing a BMS for the batteries, I can’t find that mutch information of it.

I am thinking of going with this:

Or this

But I don’t know if the BMS will work with four batteries.

Does anyone have some other suggestions?

Thanks.

SEARCHGIFlookacrazycoolnotcap

if you read, you will find that if you have 12 cells in series, a 12s bms will work

2 Likes

Just an fyi, the flipsky 4.2+ has issues. Most people recommend getting the 2x 4.12 singles and a good antispark. It will likely save you money in the future

Care to elaborate on that?

I think you mean the standard 4.20 had issues. Which have been identified and solved. And flipsky is now putting out the standard 4.20 out with upgrades.

Its all over the forums that they have braking cut out issues and the antispark tends to fail.

I think the 4.20 cutouts have been taken care off as it is said in this thread

But has flipsky done the same? Or does everyone need to be able to solder onto the pcb (voiding the warranty)

Linked thread has only 100+ posts… but here you go

well thats great they fixed it. supposedly with he heatsink is has a fantastic constant discharge ability. i might have to pick up a single mini 4.2 and test it…

Yeah it is fixed and from the 27th of march and onwards they are shipping the 4.20 units with the new resistors.

They have also made some big changes to the dual 4.20 plus version. where they put the mosfets in parallell effectively dubbling the amount of mosfets making it able to handle a lot more current. what stinks though is that even though they changed it’s anti-spark it still suck and will blow up sooner or later rendering your whole esc useless. It should be possible to bypass the antispark unit and use a loopkey or a proper anti-spark instead. but yeah…

they have also made a bunch of other changes to it like SMD soldered caps and so on. (have heard mixed thoughts about that and vibration, you might have to hotsnot or silicone them down to keep them from vibration loose.)

they said they would send out some review units to me and @Gamer43 and they are supposedly on their way now but they sent both to me and. it’s kinda far between Sweden and America… but y we are going to do a more in-depth review when they get here. Im super busy doing other stuff, but the time will come…

To me the 4.12 units kinda stinks. but that is another question for another day. If I had to get something cheap and reliable (ish) I would go for a loopkey and a regular dual 4.20

judging by the title I’d say use a 12s-bms if your going to wire the batteries up in series. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: