BMS Group Buy: Who's in and for how many?

And you’ll be able to ship mine to LHB, and I’ll pay him to ship it from his place to mine.

We are both in Florida, and only a couple hours away so it’s not a big deal but could make it easier on your part.

1 Like

Thanks @cmatson. I’ll report back once I hear from bestech. With these cells already on my bench I’m eager to get the order in!

Late bloomer here, throw me down for 2 eh bruh!

1 Like

Yes you missed me. I’m down for two actually.

1 Like

@evoheyax @Sharkface I got ya now. Thanks! Still waiting to hear back from Bestech with more details about how to set up an order.

I am also in florida

1 Like

This looks like a possible lead as well. Pulled this from another thread. Thanks Chaka. Something to consider… http://www.greenbikekit.com/bms-pcm/12s-e-bike-lithium-battery-bms.html

1 Like

Yeah i don’t mind dispatching Florida orders if it will drive down the cost a little bit. It might add two or three days to the delivery time but if it saves money lets do it.

If it doesn’t save on the total order price though then it probably won’t be worth it.

1 Like

Nice find @Ulfberht and thanks @chaka… the shipping rates from greenbikekit are actually lower than bestech.

Bestech responded this AM but didn’t answer my questions about the ordering or payment options. I tried again with a more clear bulleted list of queries. Fingers crossed for a complete response today!

@cmatson @paragon @longhairedboy @evoheyax @Sharkface can you guys take a look at this BMS that @Ulfberht found at GBK to assess whether we like it better\as much as the Bestech one? It looks like it’s designed for Lifepo and thusly charges to 3.6, but our cells are 3.7 so it may not be ideal. The cost and shipping prices are good. There’s an option to get one rated to 100A discharge which I don’t think anyone will (or should) hit but the overhead might be a benefit.

I sent an email to GBK to see if they have a comparable BMS to our Bestech option. Just looking for an alternative given that BT communication is slow and it’s hard to figure out exactly what the conditions of the order are.

yeah this is lifepo… some BMSs can do all of them because of thier adjustable voltages, or so i hear… but this one looks like its firmly set to 3.6v and we’re all running 3.7v.

1 Like

I had a similar experience with Bestech customer service via email. They were even monosyllabic in their responses. When I asked about group pricing and shipping her reply was simply “Resend”. Which was a data sheet and price quote with the min order of 2. I already sent an email to GBK to see what kind of deal we can work out. That was last evening, so we’ll see what’s up hopefully today. I don’t know if anyone else is on it, but it couldn’t hurt to hit them with multiple emails requesting group buy. Maybe… @longhairedboy I hear you. If the shipping added to the total doesn’t benefit us, it makes it a more complicated and fruitless venture. Like running in a hamster wheel with leg weights on. LOL

1 Like

Bestech will ignore you if you send too many emails. Keep it short and concise. I normally get my orders in with 3 or 4 emails. They are not in the business of educating customers so they may have gotten a bit impatient and are now brushing you off if you have sent them 20 emails :wink:

2 Likes

@longhairedboy yeah, that’s what I figured thx for confirming. They state that it will work with liion, but I think that means we’d sacrifice .1 volts, so not the best option.

One final thing to add that @longhairedboy and yall havent mentioned: If it can handle our 18650 builds, but is expecting a 3.6 nominal cell, then wouldnt it not charge the 18650s to 100%? What I mean by that is: Could using this extend the life of our packs since we are not constantly 100% charging?

thx @chaka good advice! I haven’t asked them a single technical question; just basic questions about their ordering process i.e. payment options, and total cost. Total emails to them so far has been 3 :smile:

Their english is not very good so it is best to keep things really simple when sending emails. Try to use the same wording that is on the data sheets. You guys have already picked the model so all that is left is to pick the low V cutoff and overcurrent protection amperage.

2 Likes

If they have a 10s li-ion option (3.7-4.2v), I’m for it.

1 Like

that’s what we’re going for. At least that what i need. I’m pretty sure that’s the direction this group buy is going though. If not i’m out.

1 Like

@paragon @longhairedboy that’s what we’re going for! I’m hoping for more detail from Bestech tonight and then we can proceed.

This is what Bestech sent me this morning:

1 Like