BMS Not charging and cant figure out why (help needed)

yes, what I called the charging wires are the balance wires

what bms are you using and by soldering P I’m assuming you are using discharge protection.

im bypassing for charging only so I don’t use p- and it is one of these: https://www.amazon.com.au/Li-ion-Battery-Protection-Ternary-Balancing/dp/B07GPQFSFM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1545303840&sr=8-1&keywords=10s+bms

on this diagram it says Charge+ so did you wire +ve or -ve of your charge port to that. image

I wired the negative because you always wire the negative to the c- or at least I thought you were supposed to

yeah you are right. had to think about it for a bit. can you draw a diagram of your wiring?

ok give me a minute

@Winfly here you go:Chart

1 Like

unless you soldered your xt90 wrong I dont see a problem in this diagram. voltage reading is measured by probing adjacent balance wire right?

it could also be that you broke your charger as well. try another charger.

He replaced the charger so that’s not the issue

are you with him irl or did I miss that part that he said he replaced the charger?

With him, where friends

Sorry im back, I have a throbbing headache so Ima go to bed, but the charger is giving out 42 volts and everything is wired correctly so that’s why I don’t understand what’s happening

Honestly I have no clue atm. when you have time add the balance wire on your diagram.

just realized the +ve, -ve of those individual Bat on this diagram is flipped.

That diagram is 100% wrong and should never be used for anything.

I pulled that from his link.

Amazon is giving you a wiring diagram that’s all but guaranteed to cause a fire or failure if followed.

1 Like

At this point I recommend you return both BMS to the seller and demand a full refund (or file a chargeback if they refuse) because their wiring diagram is not only wrong, but extremely dangerous. Only after that I would work on fixing the battery with a BMS from a different seller, preferably not on Amazon.

I have reported this to Amazon as well. This is the second time I’ve seen this image on the forum.

Effectively, they are scamming you in a roundabout way and endangering the safety of people.

I know that the diagram is wrong and I have wired many bms’s before and know the correct way to wire them and I did not follow this diagram and it did work, but then after a small short circuit I replaced the bms with a new one and still nothing, so I don’t know what’s wrong?

What about this one: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10S-45A-37V-42V-Li-ion-Lithium-Battery-Cell-BMS-PCB-Protection-Balance-Board/302924070488?hash=item4687ae7e58:g:IC8AAOSwmoVaqOK0:rk:3:pf:1 seems to be higher quality and has a correct wiring diagram