Bms reads 40v and then 12v and then back to 40v?koo

Please help!!! I have a koowheel battery with bms … the battery pack reads 40v before bms like it should… and after the bms it reads 40v sometimes and 12v sometimes… and when I was getting 40v reading I slid into board and the power light came on as well as all 4 battery level indicator lights! So I thought I was good but when I programmed the controller… it did not spin the wheels… but the board and controller were showing they synced up so idk??? I know the problem is in the bms but don’t know if I could repair the issue with the bms without buying a new bms or bypassing it and dealing with a balanced charger and the expense for that when I don’t have the cash for disposal right now… so any help would be greatly appreciated!!! And please no cry baby replies from over sensitive people that are soft as melted butter!!! Ty

I know u r desperate but God… Make it legible

U should check battery pack may be one of the link is loose either the cells or balance lead wire. I don’t own Kool wheel so can’t tell the details

1 Like

Please don´t scream like that - we are sensitive people :disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

Yes i know y’all r sensitive as a babies ass!!! Lmao

What is a kool wheel? My god… Make it legible will u! Boohoo bhoo !!! Lol

chill bro. Please try to format your post in a way that makes it easier to read. If i’m not mistaken, your issue is that the BMS is somehow alternating between reading at 12v and 40v? It sounds to me like your BMS might be dead, but i don’t know enough aboubt them to make a conclusive diagnosis. Do you have another battery or a variable power supply that you could try to test with?

Blowing up in the faces of the people who can help you the most certainly isnt the best course of action :thinking:

maybe you’re not mature enough to ride?

1 Like

yeah man, what a scummy move.

This is what I read the first time on this “Please helo!!! I have a koowheel battery with bms … yes i know F koowheel… but the battery pack reads 40v before bms like it should and reads 40v sometimes and 12v sometimes and when I was getting 40v reading I slid into board and power light came on and all 4 battery level indicator less so I thought I was good but when I programmed the controller it did not spin the wheels but the board and controller were showing they synced up so idk! I know the problem is in the bms but don’t know if I could repair the issue with the bms without buying a new bms or bypassing it and dealing with a balanced charger and the expense for that when I don’t have the cash for disposal right now but… IF ANYONE HAS AN OLD KOOWHEEL/GENESIS/ BMS OR BATTERY OR BOARD LAYING AROUND THEY COULD SPARE I WOULD MORE THAN GLADLY TAKE IT AND USE IT ON MY CHANNEL AND GIVE CREDIT AND SHOUT OUTS IN A BUNCH OF MY VIDEOS AS WELL AS HOOEFULLY HELP ME TO MAKE MORE INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS FOR THE BOARDS THAT MAY HELP SEVERAL PEOPLE IN THE FUTURE WHEN THE COMPANY DOES NOTHING AT ALL THEY CAN AT LEAST REPAIR THEMSELFS IF NEEDED! SO ANY HELP OR OLD KOOWHEEL BATTERY OR BMS OR THE BOARDS THEMSELFS JUST LAYING COLLECTING DUST… WOULD FIND A GOOD HOME HERE AT BUFFALO ESKATE!”

Now I am called “cry baby”

Chris Bro, Just buy BB if you can’t figure out with that narrow mind.

2 Likes

Jeez dont be such a puss, hes only joking bro.

/s :slight_smile:

edit: I love how we can see past edits and what not, great addition by whoever made the forum

3 Likes

Im not mad XD

He is just a kid

1 Like

Not at the time but the board worked with my last battery a week ago before I sold the board and battery and now left with this battery to repair

I’m in my mid 30s homie

Forget a bb with low speeds and even lower range!!! Bb has more issues than the cheap koowheel boards!!! Not all of us can afford a $1500 that does 75% less range than a $600 diy!!!

how are you getting away with $600 as a DIY? batteries alone are gonna cost half tht

1 Like

I would like to c 1 time someone have any info that,WOUKD help on the site rather than stupid comments! U either have knowledge to help or keep moving! I have let posts sit for months with no info to help on any issue and PROBALLY why I am the only one opening these things and repairing them and then showing others it COULD help! If u don’t have an idea just move on!!! Simple as that! Why cry about a post n then say… ugh idk duh!!!

Want a link? Just tested 30 Mile range and 32 miles per hour!!! Also pulled 400 pounds up a hill after 15 mile trip!!!

well typically people who share information are called peers, which implies some type of (positive) relationship. When you come onto the forums and taunt us after spewing a word soup… its not exactly a great way to introduce yourself.

Not only that, but you included NO pictures and NOTHING of substance. Do I need to show you your OG post?

LOL… alright dude :laughing:

time to get ready for work :slight_smile:

Usually when there is a problem, and the reaction is the same, and there is only one common denominator (you)… chances are the problem isn’t the people of the forum.

Trust me, you’re not that special cupcake. This forum is full of people, newbies and intellectuals alike. They are working on things you could only dream of, given your constant grammatical errors and overall negative demeanor and outlook on others…Kidding around or not, the way you compose yourself on this forum is not the way a MAN in his mid 30’s conducts himself; and the ones that do conduct themselves in this manner are usually those who are self-entitled, obnoxious, and coddled

TL;DR: Some advice, to actually get others here to help… quit being a douche and actually listen, and quit with the condescending remarks

2 Likes

No hence it being first edit! Lol