BMS Wiring & Loop Key Polarity

Hi just want to upgrade my board with a BMS and a XT90 Anti Spark as a Loop Key my questions are:

#1 for this BMS

How do I properly wire this thing up - bought it in China with no manual etc. Am I right with my guessing - but guessing is not the best :wink: B+ Battery positive B- Battery negative P+ ESC positive P- ESC negative ok thats pretty straight forward, but like to add a Charge Plug - but as there is no “CH” as on many others. So should it be: B+ Charge positive P- Charge negative And what is the one pin labeled with “D-” Balance Leads are pretty clear to me

#2 Loop Key with a XT90 Anti Spark I read a bit in here about that but still dont have a clear solution. Should it be in the positive (common ground would stay untouched) or in the negative (as the BMS works via the negative) ? Well “normally” it shouldnt matter where a switch is placed :wink:

Thanks and Cheers Marty

XT90 antispark is just a switch with resistor and resistor has no polarity, neither switch does. It doesn’t matter really matter where you put it. I personally prefer to cut common ground so I know for sure nothing is powered.

E: of course you want to put in between BMS and load, as @PXSS pointed.

1 Like

Loop switch needs to go between BMS and ESC on either lead. I personally put it on + You do not want it between BMS and battery as you would not be able to charge without the board being powered. (Could be dangerous)

2 Likes

yeah where it belongs is clear - between ESC and BMS, but as you see in the first two answeres - 2 answeres - 2 opinions whether in + or in - I know as in a house installation you put the switch in the “live” wire - whereas it phsyically wouldn matter :wink:

thanks anyway - any suggestions about the BMS wiriging and the confusing “D-” pin ?

Take a look at it’s datasheet ( if Or try to find something using google images… You can search using an image :slight_smile: In the worst case, you can always ask seller for help :smiley:

Hope that helps.

yeah thanks - I searched google & pictures in advance a lot, but just also came acrros these simmilar ones. Datasheet - yes nice - but only values and specs ask seller - yeah if someone of you understands chinese ;-)) anyway - thanks for all your help - Ill figure it out - hopefully