Board broken large sparks Help!

Ran the eboard through a puddle or two on a ride a while back and it stopped working mid ride. The motor would jump when I turned it on but other than that nothing. Dried it and waited a couple of days and when I plugged everything back in and turned it on, it made large sparks melting the metal leads. I unplugged the motor and connected bldc tool to the focbox and I can read the config and see that the receiver on the board is working. However, when I try to connect with the motor plugged in, the focbox turns off after about 30 seconds and the motor won’t drive in that time. If I touch the three motor leads to my tongue and spin it I can feel the electricity, but I have no idea why it wouldn’t be working.

Battery 12s4p DIYelectric Motor 6374 190kv DIYelectric ESC Focbox

Thanks for the help!!!

2 Likes

First of all I would connect the focbox and type faults into the terminal. :smile:

1 Like

I already tried that it won’t come up with anything

1 Like

Have you checked your battery with a voltmeter? :slight_smile: Otherwise, a guy like @CarlCollins could help you with your focbox :smile:

Damn haha ‍ ‍ ‍

2 Likes

10 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: no. just no.

1 Like

He is either a fucking genius or a fucking idiot lol. Either way, he is always an interesting watch.

3 Likes

Alright if I can type while giggling what metal leads did the melting?

2 Likes

I’m assuming that he meant the xt90 connector :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Hummie, did you graduate from grinding pcbs to licking electricity cables lol?

5 Likes

@Hummie is this you? do you have two accounts?

5 Likes

Water, big sparks, melted wires would be my guess why its not working. jk. :rofl:

We need some photos to help figure out what is broken. Where do you think the sparks came from? Some photos of the melted stuff too.

You probably need to remove the battery pack from the board, then remove all the shrink wrap from the battery and inspect all the cells and the BMS.

I would also open the focbox to see if any water got on the PCB.

1 Like

@spigelli You have burnt your MCU chip on the FOCBOX(s). Please let me know from where you purchase the FOCBOX(s)?

1 Like

@spigelli Your battery is probably still wet. You can always send it in and we can check it out but it might need to be repaired.

@CarlCollins @torqueboards The battery and Focbox seem to be acting normally aside from the focbox turning off when the motor is connected, so I think it has something to do with the motor, but I’ll post a video soon.

2 Likes

Which wires specifically, you didn’t mention yet? That happened as you turned on the power switch?

the motor leads just melted enough to need to be filed down in order to fit and a bunch of charring on the ESC females that I cleaned up before testing again