Board cutting out under acceleration and (sometimes) braking

So my board is doing this thing where when I accelerate it cuts out for a second. It used to just do it when I was really pushing it but it just did with when I was cruising. I have a GT2B remote, fully charged. I’m running dual VESC 4.12 on FW 3.38 in FOC mode with traction control. It’s really scary and I reallly wanna fix this because it’s annoying. I have dual 170kv sensored 6355 motors and 10s2p battery.

I also checked the vesc terminals on both VESCs and it’s saying there are no faults. Does this mean they’re rebooting?

Might have solved the issue, turned traction control off

I am having a similar problem and I think it is related to my BMS cutting out when under too much load.

should screen shot your settings and post em, so we can look them over.

2 Likes

Update: seems to only be happening when the battery is fully charged. Any ideas? I can send a screenshot of that helps the Vesc’s are definitely rebooting because at one point my board stopped responding for like 3 whole seconds.

It seems to be really bad when the board has a full battery. This morning it cut out and stayed disconnected for over 3 seconds. My indicator stayed on though, which makes me think it’s either receiver or VESC related. I’ll send a screenshot when I have time. Based on what I’ve told you do u have any ideas?

So what should I do? Do I lower the battery max? The guy who sold me the battery said it can do 40 amps max discharge so I set the battery max to 20 amps per vesc. For the minimum I set it to -10 amps per vesc.

Does it happen when you are braking as well?

It happened one time when I was braking kinda hard.

It’s mostly cutting out under acceleration though

Well if it is happening when you are braking it could be that the batt regen is to high for a full charge. If you post your settings that would help everyone try to figure it out

Sounds good. I’ll post them when I get home

please verify the absolute current limit setting is set well above the battery and motor current limit settings.

I’ll check them when I get home. I haven’t touched it but my motor max per motor is 60amps. Also with abs over current doesn’t it throw a fault? Or are there instances where it would cause the vesc to reboot?

my limited understanding is with 60a motor limit, the vesc will “try its best” to keep it under 60a motor— but if it “accidently” allows 61a motor for a split second, and you have your absolute limit set to 60a, this might possibly lead to a power cut-out.

I never messed with the absolute max amps setting so I’m assuming it’s whatever the default is, (I think it’s 130 amps?)

settings…post…please

you could also try bypassing the bms to determine whether the bms is responsible for causing the cutouts…

let me know if you need a screenshot of anything else. i think ive narrowed it down to the connection between the board and remote as it showed up the further i walked away from the board. not 100% sure though.