Board fire pictures

watch your soldered together 2p battery pack Zach… it is a candidate for a similar fate. at only 2p the battery will be used hard and the heat from soldering the nickel strips on would have damaged the cells to some kind of degree…

4 Likes

I am getting a spot welder soon for my 13s4p. I’ll figure something out for my old pack. And I prefer Zack thx

i am always afraid to happen something like this while my battery is charging…

sure thing buttboarder :thumbsup:

23 Likes

Yes it had two layers of fiberglass, I think it was caused by bms

12 Likes

woah shit that looks bad :sweat:

where did it happen?

1 Like

6NfmQ

19 Likes

@lucasarts @pixar @disney

2 Likes

Saw this on campus today, sorry to hear about this!

I have been getting more paranoid about this recently. I just bought a locker to stick my board in at home while it is charging/storing (lipos). It would be the worst thing ever if my house burned to the ground because of lipo fire.

Switch to lion, they are much safer. And also use fuses between the battery and bms. I have a stainless steel enclosure so I am chill. (unless the fire burns a hole through my deck :fire:)

this board uses li-ion. Clearly, nothing is safe enough yet

While a stainless steel enclosure could help contain a fire, it can also help start one. Also keep in mind the radio transmissions won’t go through it, only through the deck

1 Like

I double wrapped my battery pack with paper and electrical tape so I think I am good.

Yea, I get only a 3-meter range on my Bluetooth module. :joy: Guess I’ll figure out how to wire an antenna.

HAAAAAH :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

So what happened exactly?

The motor controller decided to let the pyrotechnics out?

All electronics works with magic smoke… if it comes out… electronics defect…:joy:

4 Likes

What motor controller was it?

This is one of the few reasons why I have my battery box easy to detatch. If it goes on fire, the box will burned with the batteries but not the entire board. Also now I am switching to loop keys instead of a switch as loop key ensure 100% power detachment.

More or less, when you make a solder joint, make sure those solder join are a well made heated solder join. This ensure vibrations won’t knock it off and start shorting the shit out of the batteries.