Boards similar to trampa

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knew of some boards with that convex shape that trampa boards have.

Thanks.

The LaCroix board does and looks super nice.

https://www.lacroixboards.com

He sells complete or just deck and enclosure.

1 Like

The Custom Komodo MTB deck is a beauty. Build by our own forum member @257.

Specs:

• Layered with [Bamboo/Fiberglass/Maple/Fiberglass/Bamboo]
  • 35.5 in x 8.5 in (widest) or 6.6 in (narrowest)
  • Moderate to lots of flex depending on foot placement on the deck
  • Lots of flex at center of deck, low/moderate flex at usual binding placement closer to the tip angles
  • Tips are 20° deg angles
  • Comes predrilled for bindings

…the bad news are the standard deck he used to transform this custom DIY build has been discontinued and is no longer available in the market… :point_down:

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/custom-komodo-decks/48735

6 Likes

Holy fuck that’s nice! I need that!

3 Likes

It’s a beautiful board but even just buying the deck and enclosure is pricey, but hot damn it looks great

1 Like

Yeah, a beauty. My type of deck. But this one in particular will end up costing (was) $300 bucks. $200 for the deck plus a $100 more with Komodo’s custom job. That was then. Now it seems the deck is discontinued. so @257 is looking for an alternate provider with a similar deck. The good thing about this is that the new deck will end up costing just $75 bucks and with Komodo custom job will end up costing about $175 !! So is getting better. Talk with him about it. Drop him a couple of lines. :ok_hand:

@pixelsilva

1 Like

I wonder if he’s going to use the deck from diyboards, I really liked the look of it

1 Like

Look into the complete Lacroix eboard, Last I checked preorders were still super discounted. I think you’d have a hard time beating their price by doing the same build yourself with a cheaper trampa deck.

I will definitely get a hold of DIY’s deck and make it sexy asap. There’s also another deck from MBS I’m going to experiment with. Problem is all my resources are being funneled into my first couple builds at the moment, so the side work is on pause until I get them up and running :muscle:

3 Likes

Whats the other deck from MBS, i’ve looked at a few of them. I picked up an ehlers drop deck last week and it came yesterday, but its not gonna work unless I use pneumatic wheels cuz the drop is too low… Buying decks online without seeing it IRL is a bitch. I think the DIY deck looks like a good shape, but who knows what the quality is like.

The MBS Colt 90

Although I’m noticing that is out of stock now as well… I may look into building my own board press to make concaves since the ones I like never seem to last

Haven’t seen any Ehler’s in person but they look nice on their site. If it’s too low to mount an enclosure you can always throw some fat risers on it, unless you are committed to the drop-through trucks

I was looking at that MBS board, I just hate the graphics and it put me off. But for someone like you who pretties them up, looks like a solid deck assuming they keep making them.

I bought some 1" risers the other day that i’m waiting on, we’ll see how it looks with the 100mm AT MBS wheels. Just have to have enough clearance for the 10S4P pack i’m going to build (single row).

Yeah I haven’t seen any MBS graphics that I’ve liked, but the deck quality is there… hiding under a lot of sanding. 1" risers with those wheels should give you enough room to work. I’ve tried the same thing with some other boards. Love the wheels :ok_hand:

1 Like

Thanks for that pic. When I mount the trucks with the wheels, I’ll post the corresponding pic. The odd thing about my deck is that the nose has an upward angle, looked cool, now i’m second guessing it. Buying the DIY AT board as a backup…

1 Like

Must be the slant series. They do look pretty badass like that. The steering might be a little less responsive but I doubt it’ll be enough to dislike the deck. Let me know how you like the DIY AT when you get it

@257, whats the name of this deck and provider?

It’s an MBS Pro 90. It’s been discontinued now unfortunately. Only one or two places seem to have some floating around as a complete MTB

https://chargedriders.com/products/mbs-pro-90-deck-11417

Lacroix is great and maybe mbs

That MBS Pro Deck and the Kommodo look EXACTLY like the mountain board deck they sell on DIYeboards. I just bought one last night, so i’ll see how it looks whenever I get it.

Charged riders doesn’t keep thier own stock…they go through MBS… I tried to order one…they don’t have it even though it says 3…

So I’m getting a Trampa HolyPro instead

1 Like