Boosted Board all terrain mod

well i think he also changed the gearing, so it will be nearly the same amount of torque

Yes that’s right I went from a 50tooth gear that’s on the original to a 70tooth, I’m hoping this will be enough to get this thing going but I think until I change the tyres I’m going to have a lot of road resistance. I can put the skike tyres on this rim so it’s gonna help me a lot and also gives me a little bit more clearance.

4 Likes

Sadly there are sensors in there and they have been programmed to not with if the sensors are not getting a reading.

Would you recommend placing the idler on the “pulled side” of the belt when accelerating or on the “loose side”. I don’t know how to phrase this :stuck_out_tongue:

So got some new shorter belts so I can actually see how much I need to remove of the cut will post again tomorrow!

Nice photo :wolf:

I’ll have a video up real soon!

2 Likes
3 Likes

Sick man! Genius work here. Now time to upgrade that battery capacity

Will Boosted now be copying this.

Nope, hipsters don’t need to go off-roading.

1 Like

Hahaha your right here! But would be nice until enertion has a good off road board! Until then I might consider a gt!. Next mod is trying bigger motors!

1 Like

Jacob, Can you post a parts list? Did you end up having to cut into the Encoder motor caps? if you did, did they still work?

Sorry I had to cut into the caps ad because of this I couldn’t get the gearing I wanted. The boosted v2 is a much better option and working on the design atm

Hey Jacob! Your build is really awesome! You mentioned in the video that you will be replacing the enertion tires. Do you know where to get some 5 by 1 inch tires? I thought I searched the whole internet and even more and could not find any (other than skikes which are on the way to me and the “Roadwarrior” ones) :frowning:

Does this mean that the loaded vanguard deck is a good deck for off roading? I have the same deck that boosted uses and was planning to build an off road board for the winter. How does it handle?

1 Like

I think that it will handle horribly, I believe there was another topic similar to this and the rider compared riding AT Boosted to “riding a sofa”.

1 Like

Darn. I should’ve thought of that before I built the whole board. I was planning on getting some wider trucks and then setting it up so I could just swap the wheels out when snow came. I guess I’ll give it a shot and report back when it’s done lol

if youre looking for a good AT/Street board, Im looking to sell my used Evo 40’’

Pm me if youre interested

the boosted deck of vanguard is to flexi for most longer hangers as you need more leverage to turn and the deck twists. if you use the evolve double king pin trucks then it is ok but I woulds till use the flex 1 deck,