Boosted Pro | Loaded Vanguard | Rear Dual 6355 Sensored | 18650 10s2p with BMS | Dual VESC in FOC | Custom Kydex Enclosure

My main board is on FOC mode with dual 6355 and it works great ! Never had a problem ( VESC X, and VESC 4.12 ) You just have not to mess up with the system.

1 Like

Could you post a screenshot of all your settings?

Also, what battery configuration are you running?

I don’t have my computer around. I run my both builds on 10S.

Actualy Just very simple i just went on foc settings and calibrated the motors in 3 steps then press Apply and your good ! But i know that you have to change some other settings if u are not on 10S

1 Like

I’m gonna try FOC for the first time today, I’ve been runing BLDC for 4 months now. I never tried before because of all horror stories burning DRV chips and mosfets I wonder if there has been any improvements on the latest BLDC software in order to keep these problems from happening

Tim, my friend @Eboosted is going to try FOC mode these days, It really is silent. He’ll be able to help you.

1 Like

Thanks @MarioGC. I got FOC working on my newer 4.12 vesc and my modded 4.10 vesc.

It seems my problem with it previously was because I had a 4.10 vesc from @torqueboards. After adding the c26 capacitor I haven’t had any issues.

My experience with FOC was really nice at low load, almost silent, feels crazy. But on high load it cutted out, I almost fried my DRV chip.

I won’t recomend FOC to anyone with a regular VESC, maybe a VESC-X or any direct FET with upgraded capacitors.

Fortunately, the error went away on it’s own and the VESC is still working, I’m back at BLDC mode

4 Likes

Update: I’m currently working on my cases, but in the meantime, here are some pics of the battery packs. (A friend is helping me cad them)

The first image is the battery pack that is going on my board. The other 2 packs are ones I built for my friends that are also building battery packs.

All 3 packs are 10s2p packs made from Samsung 25r cells with a BesTech 10s 80A BMS.

Here are some images.

2 Likes

How much range is your 10S2P giving you on flat roads and full accelerations?

Just wondering the same thing, how much range do you get?

Me two hehe

Making good progress. More to Come.

10 Likes

very noiiiceeee!!!

BUILD FINALLY DONE… but I killed my VESCS by shortening the motor wires. I’m assuming the main trace of the board heated up too much during soldering.

4 Likes

thats one sweet board mannnn!!!

1 Like

Good build. I like the enclosures…

1 Like

Did you upgrade the capacitors? If so, could you link the ones you bought?

Nice build by the way!

its kinda crazy you killed vesc by shortening wires… how did you end up overcoming this problem?

1 Like

I think he meant that the heat from soldering fried some components. It wasn’t the shorter wires that did it.

1 Like

Yes. I did. There are 2 Nichicon 6800uf 63v capacitors.

Each one is equivalent to 10 of the small one that come with the vesc. This solves all the overboard wire problems.

1 Like