Boosted "XL" | Boosted Board Deck / Evolve-TB Trucks / Janux Motor Mounts / the Eboosted Enclosures / Dual Focbox / Janux 6374@190kv motors / 12s4p Samsung 30qs with Bestech BMS / Enertion Nano-x 2.4Ghz Remote / Metr.At Bluetooth

I love this build – and I love the idea of DKP in front and RKP in rear –

But I’d remove the extra capacitors. Sure, it’s better for the ESC and the battery and the performance. But it’s terrible for the antispark-switch / loopkey and the extra parts is just more things that can break / short-out from vibrations, for minimal performance gain.

3 Likes

A flexi board, with dkp… Maybe get a full face helmet.

Love the board it looks like a pleasure to ride.

1 Like

Full face helmet you say?

Too geeky?

Any other suggestions are welcome. I did order a Bluetooth module as well

5 Likes

That looks familiar… Why can’t I place it.

1 Like

macross

there is a hint

6 Likes

Yaaas. so is that custom made? It’s a legit helmet?

it’s a DOT certified moto-x helmet made by Masei

http://www.masei-helmets.com/product/masei-911-xcross-jet-us-navy-f14-tomcat-motorcycle-bike-chopper-harley-arai-helmet

5 Likes

Just benched marked this board in two modes against a boosted board v2 dual+ and a diyeboards belt drive 5055 10s4p 20700 Board.

The boosted “turbo” deck is running in foc

Well, lesson learned, don’t but those cheap Chinese motors. They were a blast when they worked but…

imageimageimage

Just went out and ordered some janux motors x2

2 Likes

Dam, haven’t used mine yet but this looks bad. :frowning_face: What happend? Did the epoxy go?

Took it out for a ride and it got all jacked up

1 Like

Would anyone try to jb weld the magnets back?

Is it worth doing?

1 Like

You can epoxy them back in and use better epoxy so it won’t happen again and it would be worth it if you liked their performers before. However, in not sure jb weld has a high enough heat resistance.

Edit: I have no idea what to use.

1 Like

What would you recommend using?

1 Like

Some people use some kind of high temp loctite if i recall right

1 Like

Do you have a link to the epoxy I should use?

I personally would toss them out and buy some new ones. The time and money it takes to fix it (if it fixes it) could be spent riding. Just my 2 cents worth.

It would be nice if you could buy the bells separately. I buy separate bells all the time for my racing drones but I haven’t seen any of these sellers sell just the bells.

you are my hero!! so rad!

Here are some pics of the board before one of the motors failed. The board should be up and running next week once I get the new motors in.

imageimageimageimage

1 Like

A few thoughts.

• the USA sellers on ebay for that motor have like 1yr/2yr/3yr warranty. hmm…

• Loctite 326 is glue for magnet to bell. Use primer 7649. $$$$! High temperature retaining compound might work too.

• How much do you want for those bad motors? :slight_smile: