Boots vs Shoes when boarding

I’ve been looking at these. Men's Dress Shoe Clinton Cap-Toe Oxford Full Grain Leather Goodyear Welted

awww yeah. Steezy as sheezy

8 Likes

I enjoy riding with my superstars on :slight_smile:

good enough road feel while still being comfy image

3 Likes

hey man, I get it. I still get looks when I wear them to certain places. I grew up as a gutter punk, I used to be decked out in a ratty leather jacket with patches all over them, had a 6-8 inch mohawk and a bunch of piercings. I was “avoided” alot during those times.

Now I still get “avoided” every now an then, I was in D.C. the other day and had my boots on and a jean vest with a misfits patch on it, and some lady chased me to tell me how dangerous it is to listen to that music and she was worried for my soul, it was hilarious.

4 Likes

d69ec59

10 Likes

Just make sure to scuff the soles on some asphalt before you ride! Adds 20w per motor I hear when lookin that steezy

:joy: it normally happens the other way around

This response is based off my impression that boots, while comfortable, are not as flexible and kill the feeling under your feet.

I like to be able to wiggle my feet and feel my board. There are lots of sneakers that give me a really detailed feel of my board and it’s concave. All the boots I’ve tried don’t do that. With sneakers/shoes, I can bend my ankles freely. I can foot brake effectively. With boots, I lose perspective of the road when foot braking and they restrict my movement when getting low. This is just my impression.

Then you wreck wearing sneakers and your ankles get fucked. Therefore, high top sneakers are king for me. I’m sure there are suitable boots, I just always wore sneakers and every time I tried anything else it didn’t feel right.

1 Like

yep. Van’s high tops with all that padding on the ankle is what i have. They’re saved my skin there so many times i can’t even count.

i need my ankles too. My stance is such that i never stand flat footed completely. My heel and toe on my left foot (front foot) are mostly in contact but my heel and arch is where the weight is, and on my right foot i’m on the ball of my foot (which is in the gutter of my concave) and my toes are feeling the edge of the deck. When i carve right i can tuck down and push on the edge of the deck, when i carve left i can shift my back foot down and push on the opposite edge of the deck while my heels finds the other gutter, allowing me to carve hard enough at speed to slide just a little to make the turn then lock it back in on acceleration. Boas don’t really want to slide, either, so i can really lean on that shit.

3 Likes

I wear my high top Adidas when I wanna wear sneakers… but more often than not i wear my shit kickers

I feel like i have more control and grip in my boots so i prefer them, plus its raining all day and i dont want to get my feet wet :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve tried boots but I honestly dont like them cause you loose alot of board feeling almost like a numb ride with no feeling.

2 Likes

Poll? :thinking:

1 Like

You should explain to the English that their 100+ year old boot company makes nazi boots, cute ones at that! Screenshot_20181126-115617_Samsung%20Internet

8 Likes

I’m not saying that this is my opinion, I’m just saying that people in my country wouldn’t react particulary friendly if I wore those boots :smile:

Btw: HOW? :joy: Unbenannt

4 Likes

Are Converse skate shoes? I wear my low tops strapped tight whenever I skate. I’ve never tried anything else so I guess these are my favorite because I can feel every curve and bump of the deck.

2 Likes

Girls gotta keep all the cute clothing and board websites available at a quick tap!

2 Likes

Converse Chuck Taylor’s are the original Basketball/skate shoes

I like them alot, there is alot of board feel but total lack of insulation causes fatigue quite quickly for me.

2 Likes

Oh ok… makes sense (somehow): I’m just that typ of guy who has like 2 tabs open. It bothers me if there are more… Idk :joy:

2 Likes

Lol I’d rock some doc martens, but when I skate I blow through the soles in ~2 weeks (so glad I have the for life version)

1 Like

I just went over to my boss and saw his screen, he had 3 chrome windows over and the amount of tabs was so high you couldn’t even read the text of what it was!

2 Likes