Bought from batterysupports.com?

One company that claim to be the producer for somebody they aren’t :tipping_hand_man: Would trust always… There some pictures in the thread of the 10s3p. You and everybody else can decide by there own if that looks enough professional build or not :tipping_hand_man:

Complaining? Maybe pay more attention to content rather than context. I specifically said: “No idea why the battery did this all of a sudden.” What more information can I give other than describe what I had experienced in as best detail as I can summarize? And at no point did I ever dis on the manufacturer. It was in hopes that if anyone else had ever come across this before they could give me some guidance.

As it turns out - and I still need to update my original posting - because just a few hours ago I found out what the problem was. After much understandable hesitation I pulled the battery apart very carefully and discovered not only some exposed conductor through the insulator of one of the negative lead wires,

upon further disassembling of the pack I also found that one of the BMS positive wires had completely broken loose from the [IDK what it’s called but it looks to be some sort of BUS bar (seen just below where I am holding the wire in the pic below) where several other positive wires all are soldered to it] metal piece. I consider myself very lucky in that had that wire touched any of the negative “BUS” bars, again lack of better wording so please forgive me, it could have potentially thrown an arc like you are welding something, maybe even have caught fire…Anyways, after soldering that wire back to where it belonged the battery began to properly charge again.

The small dab of black at the end of the wire is where I applied liquid insulator to protect the wire from shorting as I worked.

A closing thought: Though the battery arrived with faulty power on/off buttons and an LCD screen that does not properly report voltage and % charge, I would still give Matrix benefit of doubt as they worked with me very closely in troubleshooting the issues as they arose. When I reported the broken on/off switch they proposed a solution to put a circuit breaker inline with the XT90 connector and promptly refunded me for the cost of said breakers. Furthermore, they had also mentioned that had the troubleshooting/solution I described above lead to discovering that the batteries or the BMS had been bad instead of just a detached wire they would have replaced the items at no cost. Fortunately it didn’t come to that. I realize that your average consumer likely would not have been willing to go through what I went through - and they shouldn’t have to, messing with batteries at these voltages and having this much amperage available to discharge instantly can quickly ruin ones day, especially your eyesight, it is no exaggeration to say you are welding at that point- I saw it as a learning experience and am one thankful for it. Inconvenient as it may have been and honestly, I hope it never happens to me or anyone else again, I would still buy from Matrix as they at no point gave me any indication that I would be left hanging with a bunk several hundred dollar battery. And lets face it, the fact they are in China I would have had zero recourse to try to recoup any of my money through legal means, and they easily could have done just that.

And they did use foam in their builds as well. It is quite a sturdy battery all things considered. Admittedly, now I have a functional battery but it has been torn down (foam and paperboard all removed) and I’m still waiting for Matrix to reply as to how I am going to return it to usable operational condition (ie: taping the wires in place, adding foam back to where it belongs, wrapping it with paperboard - most of foam/paperboard was torn/destroyed pulling it apart - and shrink wrapping the exterior to the condition it was in when I received it).

The one downside to buying batteries from Matrix is the lead time. I had to wait 6 weeks from the time I paid them to the time I received the batteries. If you are needing battery sooner you may wish to find a prefabbed one in your area or your home country.

1 Like

Took my matrix Samsung 30q somewhat apart, here are pics i never posted .