Brakes - how do you go down a hill with single drive setup?

Haha I love the sound. Everyone looks at you slowly creeping down a hill on a skateboard, and you’re like, “Don’t mind me, just chargin my battery over here. Eeerrrrrrrrrrrrrvvvvvrrvr”

7 Likes

yupp just get vesc. with the battery amps around -8 to -12A and motor min -40A to -50A you can adjust the brakes how ever you like.

I’ve gone down hills at walking speed, just to see if i could. Hills too steep to ride up!

1 Like

Hahahaha :joy:

How u guys riding on mountainboards from hill? My expirience telling u need 80% of weight at the front truck when u hitting bigger speed. Thats actually reason why have front truck drive… And decision about putting foot on ground to brake at 40 kmh is quite hard and can cost more health, if u will brake down by motor an then combine it should be the best way how to stop. Then watch on wet tiles it is so slippery if u have flat shoe grip.

u can actually set reverse to 20-30 percent and use it as brake. it works really well. in fact I prefer this method over regen braking. at 60kph regen needs to be batt min -50a to have safe brake for mono. which is not good for batt

1 Like