Brakes release/cut out

Yes this caused the fault. The VESC detects the actual current and adjusts the duty cycle to this current. By the remote input you tell the VESC which current it should use but is is always a little bit off that value and so the VESC constantly adjusts the duty cycle to reach the correct current. So the VESC needs some wiggle room between the motor max and the absolute max. So as Blasto sayed the absolute max is there to protect the VESC from errors. But when you choose it too low then it causes issues.

@Blasto I also changed my motor and battery current from 80A to 65A earlier today. I now changed the max amps back to 130A.

Also I changed my configuration from sensorless to sensored and from BLCD to FOC mode just to see if there is any difference. I just drove 5 kilometres and I was not able to get any errors at full brake. It drove really smooth. I think I stick to this setup for a while to see if the problem is solved for good now.

Just thought I’d update the thread,im now using a space cell,haven’t changed any of my vesc settings or made any modifications to my gt2b master cho mod and the problem has gone away. It must have been a bms problem while braking,I read somewhere that the new space cell is bypassing the bms for discharge and is only used for charging! Would explain why my problem has now dissappeared. For some it might be vesc settings but thought I’d leave some info on what was causing mine to help others diagnose the problem.