Braking downhill

It does it all the times

Then follow @Ackmaniac advice. Just thought I’d see if it was something simple. Good luck with it

2 Likes

damn, everbody was hyping these sanyo but gotta be honest, 2a per cell recommended max charge is quite limiting, even the 30q can take 4a per cell.

I had the same issue with my original Maytech remote

So being a 10s2p I should be at -10 or -8 on each VESC?

They are a better option when buying the boards associated with them, meepo/wowgo etc but definitely not compared to 30q.

P count * max charge amp : 2.

Just 2A for each vesc. 4 will probably also work, but that is twice as much as the recommended charge rate.

1 Like

I think you can put much more in for short periods as apposed to a stated continuous charge rate for all states of charge. https://chargedevs.com/newswire/self-healing-anode-eliminates-dendrite-buildup/

1 Like

I really should get telemetry. I wonder what happens during one of my off-road downhill sessions where I am constantly on the brake. This sometimes lasts up to 5 minutes.

1 Like

Will still have brakes at -4a each?

Yes. I used 4 in the past. As always, test under safe conditions, but try to find a spot that would correspond to your normal road conditions. Don’t go blasting down a busy city street immediately :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I observed the same thing with my brakes using 3.1 firmware and Akimaniacs tools, and NanoX remote. Dont know whats causing it but it seems the fw. Before, when I was on 2.14 FW and firefly remote and the brake was smooth at any speed coming down a steep hill. Now I have to release before I can change to weaker braking power.

Ok, I lowered it to -4A each, and I still have the same issue. I also got a DRV302 -_-, but everything seems working. Any idea why? See my metr.at here: https://metr.at/r/xI7ah

I’m going to try the stock one this afternoon or tomorrow to compare the differences.

Here is me braking with ackmaniac Tool. I can freely increase or decrease.

1 Like

Seems that on my case is an issue with the @ackmaniac’s firmware. I ran stock today and was working without DRV errors, a better torque, and finally, I’m able to brake downhill. I think I might have hit some kind of bug in the code because everyone usually prefers @Ackmaniac fw.

Here my very slow/safe runs:

2 Likes

thats great to hear, but i want to know, what settings did you use with akmaniacs firmware.

Same sensored foc and same motor (30/-30) battery (30/-4)

how many watts?

With the defaults for a 10s

talking about the settings in the ackmaniac tool. for example i set my motors to max 1260 watts.