Brand new 10s5p kit, zero rides, 3 + issues out of the box... owned for 45 minutes

damnit! not sure what i did wrong. everytime i click the link seperately it works :confused:

You can build a solid board off $30 caliber trucks, @Boardnamics mounts and some race star 5055 motors.
Get a flipsky dual vesc and keep the settings low.

Surfrodz are amazing but the price is a big leap from a diyboard kit.

3 Likes

I got a set of used calibers that I won’t be using any time soon.

1 Like

Where are you located @JayTango ?

i have a set of gullwing sidewinder 2s on my pintail reggy longboard and i absolutley LOVE them. They arent really ideal for high speeds though… i mean you could throw on some super stiff nipples but than why have them… am i rite?

1 Like

im just 15m outside of Ottawa in Canada

1 Like

I think they’re fun trucks if you’re staying under 25 if you want to go faster than that I wouldn’t recommend them personally

1 Like

whole heartedly agree

Keep us updated on what you decide to do. Accept new parts or get a refund. Maybe we can help Source you enough used parts to put something together.

1 Like

Rough stuff broski… I was always so tempted with their prices but after seeing the horror stories i just buy used from members on the forum…good luck. P.s.- building is not difficult and if you have the time, can become pretty fun. I got into it after getting tired of having someone have to fix my problems.

1 Like

thanks skunks. i really appreciate the support bud

1 Like

you know bobby i think you are onto something. :thinking:

can anyone see these?

Alot of people have done the 10s mod, few with fire failiure, I know why you would believe it but I think it’s a mod that has very little negative reprocussions 🤷

I was more giving @Skunk a hard time than expressing any criticism on the mod. It all goes back to doing the job properly, check everything, check it again, then test.

The failures we see here are sometimes due to one of those steps missed!

1 Like

the wheel in the 1st video sounds like those dog toys where you push their paw and they start to snore. maybe they just got you the wrong toy?

1 Like

:weary::weary::weary::weary::weary::weary::weary::weary::weary::weary::weary::weary::weary: REEEEEE

Don’t mean to rain even more on your parade but those esc’s. I have never had one last longer than 6 months on 10s. Get your money back and buy a @torqueboards kit. Bit more money but as they say you get what you pay for

Alternatively scour the sell sections and scoop up some used loveliness. There have been some great builds and parts for sale on here lately. Good luck man

2 Likes

10-4 bud thanks!!!

Surfrods are awesome but out of the price range for alot of people. There’s nothing wrong with Caliber 2 trucks or for a little more you can get TB218mm trucks they both feel great at any speed with the right bushing set up.

3 Likes