Breakdown after 20min during first test ride

@Eboosted I checked and my firmware seems not to have the current ramp bug. It remains at 0.04 after write and re-read.

Any other ideas what could cause my FAULT_CODE_UNDER_VOLTAGE error? I measured the input voltage at the VESC at 41.7V. When I turn the motor by hand, the RPM graph plots my hand turning speed and direction on the realtime data tab. So things seem somewhat connected.

I just disconnected the motor again and I am getting the exact same FAULT_CODE_UNDER_VOLTAGE. Does every VESC give that error without a motor?

Did you adjust your ppm pulse width settings. Because maybe you brake when the remote is in idle. And when the motor looses its connection it might cause that error. And please try on another computer with a bigger monitor to figure out which voltage the vesc reads.

I might be a broken resistor… If i remember correctly maybe R4 or R3

Quick update to close the loop. I got the warranty from DIYelectricskateboard, I sent it back yesterday and Dexter will send me a replacement. Thanks @torqueboards. Fingers crossed that I have more luck with the next one. Thanks for all your support.

2 Likes

That’s great to hear! Great customer support Dexter @torqueboards