BRING BACK THE EVENTS CATEGORY - this is SO much more than a builders forum!

And thats the reason why i like it here :slight_smile:

You obviously donā€™t know enertion, We endorse multi-brand events, we just did a world tour and invited all riders & all brands to come along.

The industry will only grow & get bigger if we band together & forget about whether someone rides DIY or a pre-built brand name board. Why does it matter?

The Days of DIY being something you could only make at home is over, you can now buy ā€œcompleteā€ ā€œpre-builtā€ DIY component boards from multiple suppliers. @longhairedboy @Kaly @onloop @carvon @chaka & these style of boards are dominating the mainstream brands. The only way to prove superiority is getting everyone together & race.

itā€™s no longer DIY is better than Completes. Its simply what complete is the best & for what reasons. The whole industry improves when we unite as one.

nobody is asking you to leave :slight_smile:

you can freely decide for yourself, if the discussion at the club ends up being more your flavour you will be there i am sure.

Thats a good point. Unite as one. Not two forums :wink: Why not have a esk8 forum. Without a special forum for riders and builders and nephews and sons and whatever

2 Likes

why not just have an ā€œelectric vehicle forumā€? well, they exist actuallyā€¦ you can go to endless sphere right now, it covers many topics.

But the problem with broad topic forums is they get out of control and diluted, the information gets impossible to find, the moderators canā€™t act as leaders & the culture & community is also diluted.

Anyway, why not just think about .club & .builder as one website? - once i have finished implementing the various changes you can swap between them easily.

Always gets me how Jason acts towards everyone on this forum. So quick to argue with everyone, and give a shining marketing speech about esk8. I canā€™t help but feel youā€™re preaching to the wrong choir. You have a whole forum of people here asking for a feature to be given back on the site and youā€™re blocking that? Likeā€¦ what?? Of course the .club will have more users but you miss the point in that we donā€™t care if people post their events on that forum and ignore this one, the core users here likely donā€™t want to be involved with them events anyway!

Iā€™m also certain you donā€™t want to be a part of this scene anymore, and i cannot see a reason you wont relinquish the forum? The only possible reason I can think that you wonā€™t, is to use our ideas for your personal game, which doesnā€™t sit too well.

Restricting users of this forum by not letting us have features will kill the forum, end of

1 Like

i understand it but i also understand the resistance to it. isolating builders from ā€œjust ridersā€ may be a good idea in theory for seo and informational organization purposes but it doesnā€™t really flow with the spirit of the community here, which is that we are only builders because we were riders first. The love of riding is the reason weā€™ve developed a love of building.

i have mixed feelings. I get it though. From a business and organizational perspective it makes sense.

it could potentially lead to fracturing and fragmentation of the community however. For some this may be a seen as a ā€œfinal straw.ā€ For others it may be business as usual who cares.

Whatever happens it needs to happen gently and with delicacy. This community is already fragile.

Well Iā€™m just glad we donā€™t need social media to create an event :slight_smile:

2 Likes

forums are social media. They were the very first social media.

You see, it all began with a dial up terminal and a desire to connect with the worldā€¦

1 Like

Hah, yeah you are right. What I ment was the mainstream media, facebook etc :slight_smile:

Whilst I definitely agree with the fragmentation being a bad thing, I canā€™t see it happening since we can freely flow from one site to the other? I can see this forum growing as more people go on the .club, and want to learn more, just like we ourselves did/do. Iā€™d certainly encourage curious people on club to come here, and would probably myself take a look at club to see what the majority (read: rest) of the scene is getting up to.

Personally my main issue is that this forum feels way to controlled and censored, and still ā€˜enertions forumā€™. And whilst ES is an alternative, I prefer this small esk8 specific community too much to go there instead.

1 Like

I donā€™t think decisions on this site should be allowed to made from a ā€˜business perspectiveā€™, and if they are going to be, well it should be separately owned and given up by Jason. Business decisions belong on the club site, as its obviously more commercial

1 Like

If itĀ“s going to be on one site where you can switch around sounds good to me! IĀ“m excited to see that live :slight_smile:

The websites are built on the same platform, the only difference is colour and a url extension.

Switching back and forth will be as easy as changing categories.

1 Like

Best thing would be to copy how twitter organized their developers forum. : https://twittercommunity.com

Main page: categories (events, bla blaā€¦) Once you click on the main category a forum identical to this one shows up.

Except for the fact thatā€¦ itā€™s not. At all. Even if I make esk8 club a shortcut on my browser, thatā€™s still rediculous when I could tap on the menu here and switch categories.

You are STILL missing the point. We donā€™t want or need a dictator. We want our events category back.

This is exactly what people on endless sphere said when I created this forum originally. Now look how strong the community is :wink:

People are always scared of change wether it is bad or good.

1 Like

Havenā€™t made any changes yet.

Why the events category here is locked is still an unanswered question.

the events category has moved, exact same thing, different location.

https://www.electric-skateboard.club/c/electric-skateboard-events