Broken Boosted Board

I got it for $305 no remote no charger. Just ordered both from boosted.

I want the boosted control system above all its the biggest mostest reason for acuiring the board so… I plan to replace with same cells.

Nkon… thanks…:+1:

If the battery is dead, then you try to revieve it, if you wont be sucessful, then you will have to change the cells and hope, that the BMS and ESC works…

This BB was probably stolen from somone…

The ebay seller has good history but claims the board came out of a storage locker sale. Seems a bit suspicious but I have no reason not to believe its the truth.
Is there a password to connect with the app? Once I connect I’ll get some info and so will boosted. IDK if they do but they could track stolen boards through the app when any one connects to it.

IDK if boosted does so, IDK the app…as far as I know the only board with anti theft protection is Marble…but who would want to steal board like this one :smiley: :smiley:

I got the ebay board. Serial# checked out ok and the battery seems to be good. I’ll have charger and remote Thursday. Hopefully I get lucky and have a working board.
Funny thing is its an early v1 with orange light instead of green. I was concerned untill I figured out that was a thing…

If you bought the whole board you can replace the cells by assembling and spot welding a new pack. If the bms was not damaged you won’t have an issue. Make sure to replace with the exact cells. Should be the B variant of the 26mm A123 cells.

What cells are you buying dude 350$ for 12cells is way too much you are getting ripped off 12cells is 60$ tops

He said he got the broken board for $305…

So you are able to find 12 genuine 20700A cells for under $60?

@Detonatedfrost

To get some replacement cells will cost about $120.

Not a bad deal at all over on eBay

Board $305 Remote $100 Charger $79 Shipping $50 Total $534 Board works great. Put a few miles on it tonight. I lucked out and batteries are fine… Its an early V1 with an orange light instead of green… They changed to green early on because it was confusing people.

1 Like

Guys i destroyed my boosted board v1BMS… now i want to change the bms the esc and the remote with custom hardware. Is it possible to connect the remote from boosted with a custom vesc?

You definitely can replace the hardware but the remote may be a bit too difficult for what it is worth, maybe a clone with standard receiver would be a better option. Anyway, here is a thread you might want to check out

You could get/build a firefly remote

Just out of interest…do you have link to BB remote clone ? :slight_smile: It is quite nice remote, I would consider it for my 2nd board :slight_smile:

The link that baxter posted above is a clone.

It uses arduino so it may involve some tinkering to setup but it has a display which could maybe be adjusted to display whatever you want which is pretty cool… :smiley:

1 Like

Yea, i know :slight_smile: I just meant if you know about chineese clones, since there are some chineese boards with similar remote :slight_smile: I dont have anything against the arduino based :slight_smile: I might try that just as a challenge :slight_smile:

Maybe this? Winning remote

Nah, I know that, unreliable :smiley: Unless you mod it a little bit :slight_smile: