Budget Dual Hub Build - Advice Needed

Yeah the old ownboard esc pulls 18A max so around 700W max.

Their new esc pulls 24A max so that’s around 900W.

I have a 10S4P battery and the ownboardkit and it runs very smooth. IMG_20180920_172701 Total cost around €550, After 1500km still no issues.

This is a quality pulley

Maybe with the KEDA 6364 motor since it’s a lower kv at 190kv

Are u shure? Isnt it a a bit excessive to say all hub motors ll break?

I see a lot of people running them every day here in the forum without any issues. At least less issues then u have on Pulleys, belts, idlers, motors…

2 Likes

Why should all hub motors break? Hub motors are great in my opinion.

I have made 4 belt driven builds.

My 5th build was this hub motor build and I will never go back to a belt driven board, I really like them.

1 Like

No, the problem is everything breaks. The difference is that belt drive trains are repairable. Your esk8 WILL break if you use it for commute. Fixing it should be in the plan, and a board that is cheaply (relative to esk8) repairable is King.

Waiting a month for some more Chinesium to arrive in the mail before you can go to work again is not a good idea. Especially if that company stops selling that exact thing, then what?

Would you say that its worth the upgrade for more power? Im only 160lbs, and ill be running the esc with their hubs on a 10s2p battery

You have the 18A esc?

I should not upgrade it with their new 24A esc because it’s only 200W more.

If you want more power I should buy a flipsky 4.20 dual esc.

1 Like

meh, im not after the power too much, just as long as my breaks and acceleration is smooth :sunglasses:

its just a light cruiser anyways

The breaks and acceleration are very smooth on the ownboard esc.

If you order the kit or esc, just message them on facebook and tell them you would like the new 24A esc so you get that for sure because their is nothing written in the discription.

Only if you look to their boards they mention that they upgraded the esc to 24A.

1 Like

man that kit has killer value i wish i had bought it