Budget / EU / Commute / Help Wanted

Find them locally, it’s just an example.

@brenternet, @Jake2k17, @koralle, @bartroosen12, @e.board_solutions

Updated list again :smiley:

P.S. @e.board_solutions you have a nice offering of products and I’m also from Belgium :smiley:

2 Likes

Do you spreak dutch?

nice, reason more to buy from me :wink: :wink:

Don’t buy that BMS. The discharge function is only for Li Ions. Get a charge only bms (like 25€) plus anti spark instead.

Get a different Voltmeter! That one is also just for Li Ions.

@pjotr47 yes I do, but let’s keep, it english here so everyone can follow :smiley: @e.board_solutions that and you are cheaper so :smiley: @koralle, can’t the discharge also protect my batteries when going down hill? How would a charge only bms work? Doesn’t the volt meter work on all types of current, no matter where they come from?

2 Likes

Will do! Btw: Nice! Do you want to come in the dutch whatsapp group? Send me a pm

Ion voltage 3,0-4,2V Po voltage 3,5-4.2V Get a display that shows voltage instead of percent or one where you can choose discharge. A charge only bms is bypassed for discharge. Look in the beautiful diagrams thread. I thought you didn’t have any serious hills in belgium/nl. This is only an issue if you live (charge) on top of a huge hill.

1 Like

would recommend the 8000mah lipos (Zippy FlightMax’s) as they get you that little bit more range and aren’t that much bigger

You should concentrate more on high c discharge (>60C) than range in my opinion. It gives more riding pleasure :wink:

That’s pretty much the price of OP’s 83mm linked wheels. Instead you get 97mm wheels + bearings to quickly get rolling.

@lorenzo I’d add Zealous steel bearings to your part list (20€ average) for when you can afford them and Riptide WFB pivot cups! Maybe ask @alphamail advice on bushings choice to get a plush and responsive ride :smile:

Enjoy your build!

1 Like

Looking into charge only bms now, does seem easier on the wallet and Belgium is indeed kind of flat :smiley: @mynamesmatt & @Grozniy I know but they are not as budget friendly as the ones I have now :slight_smile: If I take the charge only bms I’ll be able to afford little bit more expensive batteries :slight_smile:

Hi there! Could you build me one? I would need brick charger also.

Best decision you made in this thread so far :grinning:

using a bms? :smiley:

1 Like

yes :smiley:

10char

ditch the volt meter get a hm10 bt module pay shipping and i will send you one

1 Like

what does that do exactly? can you send me link? :smiley:

you need a vesc with ackmaniacs firmware, then you connect your phone via bluetooth to the vesc and you can see everything that’s going on with your skate

This seems like custom firmware which I would not be comfortable using first time riding electric skateboard. I’ll stay with the volt meter for now, thanks for the advice though :slight_smile: it is appreciated