I’m trying to rally my confidence through this post to start my build. I have all the parts and more listed in the title, but am terrified to start the battery build. I don’t want to blow shit up and screw this esk8 thing up for everyone else. I’ve been reading and learning a lot here so below are some of the resources, parts, and issues I’ve read/bought/struggling about.
Inspiration: for this build is of two things.
- “Infinite” range - I want something that can conquer the shitty roads that we all have. For me, those roads are in San Francisco.
- Off road capable - I also want something that never dies. So That is why I want a 6P build.
- Bintang Deck from Sector 9
- 97mm Abec Flywheels (not off-road but it seems easier to deal with for the initial version of this board)
- Dual Focbox
- 60 Samsung 30Q cells in a 10S6P configuration.
- DIY esk8 reverse motor mount
- Dual 6378 190KV motors
- Others to follow
Things left to decide
- Cell level fusing, how will I do it with two rows. I haven’t seen a lot or any of that on this forum.
- I own a spot welder, I’m trying to determine if I should solder as that seems easier with the two-layer battery design.
Things left to buy
- 80W solder station (if I decide to solder)
- Properly gauged copper wire or nickel strip
- BMS - I have reached out to Bestech BMS but they haven’t gotten back to me…
- Power switch
- ENCLOSURE!!! What will this battery fit in!? I cannot find anything for certain.
Battery pics so far, more to follow. This is the configutation I was invisioning with the bussbar on the side. Thoughts?