Build: Bintang Deck | 10S6P 30Q | 97mm Abec | Dual 6378 190kv

The BMS just came in, the battery build can begin. In a way it already has. I made a battery for my drill since the one it came with died (4S1P). Its not as much voltage as the one it came with but there is no voltage sag!

4 Likes

Mint… :ok_hand: keen to see hw to turns out…

Have you done a mock-up of all that inside the enclosure? I’d take that second bms off your hands if you don’t need it :sweat_smile:

I have but I didn’t take a picture of it. I’ll post one in the morning.

I think I’ll have plenty of room to work with.

4 Likes

hey! what motor clamps and drivewheel and motor gears are you using? making a similar build and confused as to what fits

I’m using TourqueBoards reverse motor and the 218mm trucks. For gearing I’m using 14T 36T from enertion back in the day.

I got those wheel pulleys here if you need em:

esk8life.com

1 Like

Are you still planning to solder the batteries? Let me know how that turns out, I’m considering doing the same

I’m spot welding actually with cell level fusing.

Bzep

5 Likes

Looking good man!

Are going to increase the wheelbase as the Darth Maul?

Use fish paper on the boarders between the nickel strips and the battery

How did you achieve the increased wheelbase?

Check the Darth Maul thread I explain in detail how to do that, looks much better and you find new space for the power switch

hehe i’ve got a build exactly like this going on right now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

except with more custom parts

2 Likes

Thanks have been happening…

4 Likes

It might be a good idea to turn down the amps on the spotwelder just a little bit, the burn marks it’s leaving indicate it might be a bit high. Idk for sure but I just saw this on another thread. Well done with the build

1 Like

I did some testing with the nickel (.015) I have (I tested it’s validity) and any weaker setting made the weld easy to tear off, even by hand. This is the only setting I found that was between a solid weld and blowing a hole in the nickel.

Ok well it must be fine then, if it’s giving good results keep going. Maybe just try and give each cell a little break between every few welds so it doesn’t get too hot

It’s been a little while but I’ve been working. Batteries are hard and time is difficult to come by… But it’s alive… I’ll provide more very soon.

4 Likes