Build Electric Skateboard Using Carver C7 Truck

Likewise. I’ve got a Carver skateboard (38" Facetime) equipped with C7 truck set, ABEC11 76mm Gumballs and Bones Super Swiss bearings. I love this skateboard for commuting and the ease to pump the skateboard for speed. Although during windy days in Scotland, it’s a nightmare to pump the board and let alone to push it. This is when I thought of the e-skateboard kit from Enertion, so I can enjoy skateboarding even in Gales force winds over here.

With the current items available on the Enertion website, below are the parts I would like to get for my Carver skateboard.

• dual motor mounting kit (4x spare belts)
  • 2x 190kv electric skateboard motor
  • VESC motor controller
  • SPACE cell

The big question is whether the dual motor mounting kit is compatible with the Carver C7 truck set. I think the Carver skateboard setup I’ve got has good clearance for the dual motor mounting kit but I could be wrong.

This is my first stab on trying to build an e-skateboard and I have no knowledge on the electrical side of things, so I need some suggestions from peeps who have built e-skateboards before. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

This topic deserves a thread of its own! So I moved it into a dedicated thread!

For those readers who don’t know about Carver Trucks here is a really cool video explaining the concept.

This is the front truck

This is the rear truck

The truck hanger looks like it would need to be slightly modified to accommodate the shape of the enertion motor mount.

The enertion motor mount does have two M4 holes drilled & tapped into the aluminium so that it can be retro-fitted to various trucks, I would say that you need to machine the hanger down using a lathe so that you have a surface with two parallel faces (a cylinder technically doesn’t have faces but any two opposing surfaces are parallel), mounting you motor at a perfect 90 degree angle to the truck axle is critical.

I also am considering Enertion because I want to mount my Carve C-7 trucks on it.

Do you think it would work using Enertion’s rear truck and Carver C-7’s front truck? Or, do you think it would work with Enertion’s rear truck and Carver’s CX front truck?

1 Like

I think you could use a mix of trucks. the “carve-pump-truck-riding-style” seems to all be about the front truck.

however i think the width of the trucks might be different though, what is the hanger width of the carver c7?

They look like very cool trucks, im thinking one of those suspension trucks rear and carver up front, transparent deck. Block risers with wheels, motor, battery and drive tain to be decided. Loving the content on the forum

Not sure those trucks are good for the back… did you check out the video above. I think to get the true feeling that the designers wanted it is meant to be at the front.

Edit; I suppose it depends what you mean by “suspension” trucks. Do you mean those ones that where on kickstarter that I posted about?

Yeah, the kickstarter suspension trucks for the rear and carver up front. Thinking the ride would be sublime.

YEAH BRO! build it… i think it will make for a very smooth ride.

Hey incevolubus, could give you some advice since i built my E-Carver😈 used a cx-7 front truck butttt forget about using the Carver back truck, pain i the ass just to do an engine mount And not enough clearence for the cogs. IMO go for a single engine, mine has a 268kv turnigy 120A ESC and believe me, it can kill you riding at half speed!! Just too fast And not stable. Toped it out at 32kmh And would never do it again seriously! All hand built from scratch, mount made out of a 17mm alu plate And welded, got two 8000mha 3s bat wich i get 14/18 km of range at half throttle that is already pretty damn fast And crazy for carving!!

2 Likes

. Back truck is a slant super cheap truck, bigger than the Carver one And if it brakes ate least its not a genuine Carver truck…

2 Likes

The bat box is improvised since this project is still going on. Its a tupparware bolted on to the board, does the job😅

2 Likes

would you recommend for others to just swap out their front truck like that? would it improve fluidity?

I am interested in seeing how this works on an esk8…I would be a bit intimidated to go really fast and use that type of pivoting truck, but it looks fun as hell. Do you have a build thread/videos we can see?

Hey man, yeah its só much fun riding it, but try it on a small board because on a longboard its pretty impossible to ride!

That’s awesome dude! Sorry for the late reply, I’ve been researching so much on the kit I would require and also companies that sells parts for the kit. Do you mind detailing your kit setup?

I’ve been chatting to one of the staffs from DIY Electric Skateboard company for the kid I require, they’ve given a lit of kit recommendations. See below.

Dual Mech Kit + 12S4P

Dual Mech Kit $299.99 diy-electric-skateboard-kits-parts/torqueboards-dual-motor-mechanical-kit/

655 190KV * $90ea / $180.00 diy-electric-skateboard-kits-parts/electric-skateboard-motor-6355-190kv/

2.4ghz Mini Remote $60.00 diy-electric-skateboard-kits-parts/torqueboards-2-4ghz-mini-remote-controller/

VESC * $99.99/ea $198.00 diy-electric-skateboard-kits-parts/vesc-the-best-electric-skateboard-esc/ VESC XT90

Parallel $8.99 diy-electric-skateboard-kits-parts/vesc-the-best-electric-skateboard-esc/

VESC Canbus $6.99 diy-electric-skateboard-kits-parts/vesc-canbus-connector/

VESC Male to Male $1.99 diy-electric-skateboard-kits-parts/male-male-servo-connector/

12S4P EPOWER Pack $450.00 IN PRODUCTION - ETA 1 month.

This might be an overkill for the Carver setup but one of the reasons for this is the ability to climb hills in Bonnie Scotland. So now I’m thinking to just get one motor since you’ve mentioned it’s crazy fast with just one.

I’ll be compiling my research setup soon and buy these items once I’ve made up my mind.

I’m doing the same thing. Still waiting for my board though :frowning:

Doing same.

I know this is not 100%DIY But I got cheap wowgo board and mounted on my carver board Its super fun to ride :smiley:

2 Likes

How are the hub wheels doing by carving? I am sliding already on the carver magic wheels. I assume the Meepo are harder. How do they wear out?