Build for a 5 year old kid

Yes. I think I will. The narrower version I guess.

I wouldn’t worry much about range on a kids board. Anything really. I went 6s3p on his and could have done 6s2p or 10s1p TBH. He rides it for days before needing a charge.

2 Likes

Also the reason I went 6s is solely because i had a 5065 220kv motor Inwas planning to use, then realized my mount was only for 63mm motors (it was early on in my building career) and the kv on 10s would have been too high.

It worked out though because 190kv on 6s gives a nice little 18mph top end which is perfect for him to grow into.

Doing a 10s battery would be fine, but as most readily available motors are 170-200 kv, that is a bit fast for what I wanted him to be able to do anyway. Of course ypu could lower it with Vesc settings, but still.

I do need to grab one of those $75 vescs from flipsky in there as the Focbox in there now is way overkill. And I want it for other shit, like always. Same for the 6374 motor. 6355 for his little ass is more than enough.

I will swap out that cheaper vesc and put in a 190kv 6355 and do some single build with the reclaimed Focbox and 6374 most likely.

1 Like

I want to go super light. So I’ll try 6s1p first

Want some parts for super cheap? For helping with that CNC guy? (well going to help)

I am listening :joy:

It is very easy to reduce speed/torque by configuring the VESC. I agree with the 10s sentiment, overbuild the board because the little ones grow quickly, both in skill and weight. You can always limit the erpm and motor current in software to cut down on speed and torque for safety.

Also, you might consider LiFePo cells for safety reasons, perhaps the same A123 ANR26650M1B cells that Boosted uses.

OHH YESS, very sweet for kids. I love this build very much.

1 Like

@sender I loved the pictures of your kid with his dinghy :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

My son is 1 year old and I’ve build him like 3 boards already, but I ended up using them because he just learned to walk

8 Likes

Good excuses. I am going to start making boards now for my unborn child

1 Like

Thanks man, That means a lot coming from you! I cannot wait to see what you have in store for your bambino when he gets a bit older!

2 Likes

Can anyone recommend motor mount for caliber 2 trucks that will fit 50mm motor?

I need something light, short, without idelers and all that stuff.

Thanks.

Tb? Or maybe @dickyho’ new mounts, idk if they fit calibers yet and has a 50mm version tho

https://buildkitboards.com/collections/motor-mounts/products/motor-mount-1

TB are great but a bit steep with price 66$ plus shipping to Europe.

@dickyho are great but I think too long for this short deck to be mounted under not reversed.

BKB are for 63mm motors not 50mm. I was thrilled for a moment and then @moon broke my happiness pointing out that it won’t fit 50mm

So the search continues.

Well I am not 100% sure but they are suitable for motors with 44mm mounting space

So unless if you want to modify mounting points it probs wont work

Maybe by a clamping piece and then make your own mount arm