Build...Hello Friends..First build here

this is my understanding…: 18650 let me break it down… 1 cell = 2600mah 3.7v @ best 10 cells series = 2600mah 37v @ best 10 cells parallel = 26000mah = 26 amp hours @ 37v 36v * 27ah = 972wh @ best…

Honestly 85km is way to long for what i need it…i probably need 40km max…is my other option get motors that have less power? I saw ones for 450watts i was looking @ 550watts but i guess might not be right for the type of batteries that i have…

Draw less current? So the important part here is how much power the motors are drawing? make sure i have enough discharge power. How do you calculate speed?

You have series and parallel the wrong way around. I think the minimum sized pack you could use would be around 10s6p. That will give 35amps max which is the same as your esc can handle per channel.

Oh I just realised your going to be using dual motors well I would definitely not go less than about 10s6p at the very least.

To calculate speed use this calculator

http://calc.esk8.it

I’m still confused…y the batteries don’t work…i will need to change motors to this…http://www.diyeboard.com/dual-hub-motor-8352mm-900w-75kv-power-truck-front-truck-kit-p-423.html 900watts in total…can you help me figure out the discharge…i’m confused there…

I think i got part of it…on that specific motors…the watts are 900 and the battery bank…for 10s10p will be 972?

I’m confused in the discharge part…i’ll stop reading a bit…let it sit in on my brain and come back…i’ll try to read some of it…too…

These might work if they are all the same cell and you go 6S12P. But not any less P than 12.

Also I would use 4 longboard wheels and not just 2.

What I was calculating is not the amperage output but the available amp hours. To work out how many watts it can out put you need to times the max discharge by the amount in parallel and then by the voltage. So 5.2 x 6 x 36 = 1120watts out put power as a 10s6p but that is very close to the maximum of the motors and I’m sure that the battery cannot output that continuously. So let’s say it can only out put 3 amps, 3 x 6 x 36 = 648watts

So if all your cells are the same this is the data that supports it at 5.2a per cell. Anything above is not worth it.

However your dual eBay hub motor picks are rated at 550w each so 1100w Max. 1100w/36=30a

30a/5a=6p

So 10s6p would be within your battery limit (same batteries) and at your motor limit as well.

If you went with any less parallel battery groups your maximum output in amps will be less as well as range.

It’s obvious these are not the cells typically used for eskate. However if you have them available and are willing to set limits to prevent ruining the batteries you could use them considering the fact they are free, not much of a loss.

I disagree. These are used cells – and it’s never ever a good idea to run things at 100% capacity unless you want it to last a very short time. So both of those combined is worse than either one alone.

12P minimum with these cells is my recommendation which means 6S12P

About the same amount of batteries. But that’s a whole lot of weight for little performance. :slightly_frowning_face:

Ok, everybody is killing me here…I Have a question… HOW COME EVERYBODY IS USING 18650 for building skateboard in youtube? I have free batteries here…though…I still gotta analyze all of this because i dont see it yet…Have you guys checked hout JEHUGARCIA channel…KEEP IN GUYS I"M DOING THIS ON BUDGET AND DON"T WANT TO RUIN BATTERY…

Every 18650 is different have a look at the discharge current of most battery builds, each cell is around 20 amps continuous that’s why they use 18650 cells

1 Like

ok…what do you guys recommend on LiPo batteries or 18650 that work…can you explain…?

Will this work? 10s2p?? Better… Capacity: 3000mAh Max discharge current: 20A Nominal Voltage: 3.6V 1 cell = 3000mah 3.6v 10 cells serioes = 3000mah 36v 2 parallel = 6000mah @ 36volts 10s2p 36v @ 6000mah 210 watts 1440 watts

got the math but dont understand the numbers…

I’m guessing that’s a 30q or hb2 cell? And yes that will work because it will give you a max theoretical discharge of 40amps which will be good for your setup. When ordering I suggest to order from Nkon, as they have legit cells that are at a good price

I have built battery packs from used laptop cells. I built 10S5P for my electric bicycle. It was decent performance but they drained very fast, but 10S10P was great. 10S5P(5Ah) got me about 15km, and 10S10P(7,7Ah) got like 25km. (assisted pedaling) I only have like 500 cells, so i didn’t get good balance between the “good” cells. (Only about 5% of 500 were worthy). I considered those cells for my e-skate, but that option would have been very bulky and heavy, and i calculated that decent performance pack would be like 10S15P :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

V Force HG2 IMR 18650 3000MAH 20A ( 40A ) 3.7V FT batteries | 4-Pack | authentic LGDBHG21865 lithium…are the batteries…will try to get them cheap…I’m still confused about the discharge of it…so that mean when you hit the pedal the max discharge will be 20amp which is way better than 5200mah?

You are mixing Ah/ AmpHours and A/Amps. The HG2 cells can be discharged at max 20 A/Amps, while they have a capacity of 3Ah/AmpHours.

1 Like

between V Force HG2 IMR 18650 3000MAH 20A and Sony VTC5 2600mah 30A…which ones are better…if i have to choose i will choose 20a @ 3ah…but i don’t know how much the motors are discharging though…sony’s will have less 2.6ah … they are about the same price…

In my experience, commuting on flat terrain at 25km/h with small hills has been peaking to 10-35A(looking at my battery usage graphs) while i had lipo-batteries. So either of those are good. I would go with the cheaper one. 2,6A and 3A are not that much difference afterall.

I think this is a good deal: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KDDO8JC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A314KTEZP2WKCH&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KZGI23A/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A314KTEZP2WKCH&psc=1

can you help me out on the below post pls…t.y.

@Instinct0224 Add your location to your profile :wink:

I would recommend to go with these cells: https://www.nkon.nl/rechargeable/18650-size/samsung-inr-18650-30q-3000mah.html

They`re the most used batteries for esk8 in these days. Legit seller too!

1 Like