Builders Resource || Parts || DIY || Knowledge || Active Builders

It has come to my attention that in the process of my first build I have spent a considerable amount of time on this forum learning everything from scratch and bookmarking tons of posts. I have gained so much from this community and all the excellent builders here that I thought I’d give back to everyone by sharing a lot of what I have learned and all the incredible resources I now have in one convenient place. I’ll update this list over time as new tech or DIY innovations come to light and give credit to contributors who help make it.

This is by no means an exhaustive list nor a complete one but I do believe this is a good starting point for some excellent DIY resources and parts lists as well as who to ask for help. The list is from my own personal research and time in this forum. I hope this inspires some of you as it has me and if you would like to add something to the list just pm and we can make it a community thing.

GO BUILD YOUR DREAM MACHINE!

UPDATE 05/24/19 Added place holders for future content. Updated format to be shorter and cleaner but with the same amount of content. Added contributors section. Please PM me with submissions you think should be added and I’ll work on adding them. Thanks everyone!

A BEGINNER’S GUIDE TO DIY

------------------------------------------------------------- BOARDS -------------------------------------------------------------

Help Choosing A Board

Message Bevilacqua To Buy

Message Bevilacqua To Buy

--------------------------------------------------------- ENCLOSURES ---------------------------------------------------------

Mounting Your Enclosure

----------------------------------------------------------- BATTERIES -----------------------------------------------------------

Learn More About Batteries

Battery Building Supplies

• Samsung 30Q 3.7V 3000mAh 15-20A

Samsung%2030Q

Buy UK // Buy Europe // Buy US

• Sony VTC6 3.6V 3000mAh 15-30A

Sony%20VTC6

Buy UK // Buy Europe // Buy US

Buy Recycled Cells (EU)

• CUSTOM BATTERY PACKS (N.E.S.E. MODULES)

Buy // Download STL Files // Information

• Vented N.E.S.E. Modules

2669d956d6ac96bd3452bf4c5eb88743_preview_featured

Download STL Files

Winfly%20Compression%20Packs%202

Download STL Files

Winfly%20Compression%20Packs

Download STL Files

file

DIY PCB Instructions

----------------------------------------------------------- HARDWARE -----------------------------------------------------------

• MOTORS (PLACE HOLDER)

• MOTOR MOUNTS (PLACE HOLDER)

Caliber%20Call%20II%2050

Hex

RKP

Dedicated Surf Rodz Thread

• WHEELS

Help Choosing Wheels

Abec11%20Super%20%26%20Refly

• PNEUMATIC WHEELS (PLACE HOLDER)

Riptide%20Tunnel%20Riser

• Landyachts Evo Handle Riser + Unity Switch

Landy%20Evo%20Riser

Download STL Files

• Haya Riser + Charge Port & Brake Light Haya%20Riser

Download STL Files

• Tazman00 6.5mm Tunnel Riser

5mm%20Tunnel%20Riser

Download STL Files

------------------------------------------------------------ REMOTES ------------------------------------------------------------

Pairing Guide

Help

Feather

Download STL Files

Firefly

Download STL Files

firefly%20nano

Download STL Files

--------------------------------------------------------- ELECTRONICS ---------------------------------------------------------

Support // Setup // Troubleshooting

UART library For FocBox Unity

How To: Configure ESC

How To: Setup FOC

How To: Connect RC Mini Remote

Learn About VESCS

Information

DieBieEngineering Project

• DieBieMS Enclosure

7831ccf83327e8ce17356ce7c4f97514_preview_featured

Download STL Files

N.E.S.E Version STL Files

Loop%20Key

How-To: Anti-Spark // Loop Key

DIY

------------------------------------------------------------- LIGHTING -------------------------------------------------------------

Project Documentation

Tutorial

LEDS

----------------------------------------------------- PROTECTIVE GEAR -----------------------------------------------------

AC_SY400

------------------------------------------------------------ BUILDERS ------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/u/agniusm
https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/u/bevilacqua

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/u/blasto https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/u/moon/summary https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/u/rey8801 https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/u/stefanme/summary https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/u/thisguyhere https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/u/winfly

----------------------------------------------- KNOWLEDGE RESOURCE -----------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------- 3D PRINTED EXTRAS ----------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------- CONTRIBUTORS -------------------------------------------------------- @DJase

@moon

!!!THE WHOLE FRIGGIN ESK8 BUILDERS COMMUNITY!!!

33 Likes

This is good

Maybe add cells and BMS to the battery part

Wheels

Trucks

Popular decks

1 Like

Definitely will I just wanted to get the post started. I have a good idea of what to add for a complete guide into DIY but it’ll take some time to add everything. I’ll clean it up as I go. Thanks for the input :ok_hand:t3:

1 Like

I’ll add something tomorrow… maybe it’s possible to have a post where you can’t comment. Idk

So noobs can just look at this thread and not get confused by all the posts

2 Likes

How about send me a pm and I’ll add it in. I’m making a list right now for a better structure and more stuff.

1 Like

Superb. Thats a lot of work done. Thumbs up mate :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Nice idea, good job !

Add more vesc, Unity is good but 4.12, 4.20 and 6.6 are used quite often too Also maybe the sliding gloves might not be very relevant, because of the need of holding a remote

1 Like

Really good idea… This will help a lot of people. Well done!

1 Like

Thanks for the input. I did a lot of work on it yesterday with some of @moon suggestions. I’ll definitely be adding more when time permits me to. It’s my hope that I can keep this thread relevant as new tech comes to light.

2 Likes

I’m biased but this is a really great idea. Plenty there already.

2 Likes

This is great content. How about adding a like/dislike poll to each item on the list, so that we could see which ones are the most popular?

1 Like

We can’t ever expect to agree on everything but that was part of the idea of this is thread, to get the active community to weigh in on a consensus of generally quality parts and processes. So I welcome your suggestions buddy.

I like that idea maybe for new submissions?

I’ll try to link discussion threads to each part we add if there’s one worth reading. I have been checking the old and new threads pretty much daily for juicy info.

I’m not sure what would be the best way to do it here. I’m afraid the forum is not a good platform for this kind of content. I have had a project in my head for a long time but I think I’ll never be able to find the time to get it done. The idea is to create a catalogue of esk8 parts organized into categories with links to existing builds. That would give you the information about:

1. What’s available in given category (which ESCs, which trucks).

2. What’s most popular (in how many builds it has been used).

3. What other parts work well with given part (can be derived from the builds where the part is used).

I imagine that would be a standalone website. esk8.parts would be the perfect domain for it. It’s still available. Somebody please do it so that I don’t have to. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This was actually my original idea but like you said this forum isn’t really equipped to do that in an organized way. Would be amazing to have a website that’s got a dropbox system for selecting parts in a build that you want and then updating as you go to only show you compatible parts from your selections. Man you’re making want to code a website :sweat_smile:

Exactly! We’re thinking along the same lines.

Mission accomplished! :laughing:

1 Like

I’m just ocd enough to do it. Don’t tempt me! I haven’t even started my build yet :joy:

1 Like

It’s probably worth mentioning that my remotes are back in stock as of this morning.

1 Like

When you are not a ressources anymore…

6 Likes