Building 18650 battery holder/connector pcb

It is designed for up to 13S because a couple of people run it surprisingly without issues with VESC.

How can it do 13s when theres only 8 balance lines?

By running them in parallel, like this

The idea was that you not going to run 12s cells in one line, max cases you will run 2 x 7S which in the end will be 14S setup that’s why I only have 8 balance leads (- and 7 cells)

1 Like

The last batch clearance on half price :slight_smile:

https://shop.3dservisas.eu/collections/pcb

Thanks for making them available, I’ve just ordered 12 (even if the shipping was more expensive then the pcb how is that???) I want to make a 12s4p and it will be my first pack! Can you explain me better this image

you published earlier where you made that balanced lead connection, what is it and where it goes to? Can you point me to a picture that shows in detail the connections? image taking this schematics as a reference the balanced lead you are referring goes where?

Some buying advice of where to source that nice flat cable to connect the pcb +/- (not the flat one for balancing) Also anyone knows a place where I can buy good Li-ion pre-welded in a 4P pack? (shipping in EU)

thank you!

We are selling them out as not many is left.

There is plenty of information how to connect in this topic has been answered multiple times :face_with_monocle:

P.S. Your BMS schematic doesn’t have balance leads…

Ok I think I understood the connections sorry somehow that schematic made up more confusion now I understand what you were referring to.

Can you make something like this for us? With balancy thingies and suchs? A little tape wrapped arround that and the batteries would stay in place rock solid and no spotwelding is needed.

Edit:

Found this: http://www.dx.com/nl/p/diy-4-slot-series-18650-battery-holder-w-2-leads-black-367045#.Ww2yQUiFOUk Just need the balancy thingies :smiley:

Or someone just sell us some premade 10-12S1P packs with balancy thingies, we’re lazy as fuck.

wires look very thin, also in the one you linked. the tabs on the one you linked look better…i wonder how many amps either of them could do or what the resistance of the holder is. if you find a holder with FAT wire and platted copper tabs please post it

I would suggest finding someone local because shipping batteries (at least the legal way, disclosing the contents properly :smiley: ) is very expensive.

As far as batteries, they look thin but if you are going to be using new cells and a BMS it may be enough since there is a couple of mA for balancing. If you are using a hobby charger that can balance with higher current you may need to change the wires for some thicker ones.

Also the current on the springs is probably not enough for an esk-8 unless you are going for some high P groups and high voltage

Hey @Kug3lis do you have any of these in stock, in the UK?

If not I will just order my own in China

What is left in store https://shop.3dservisas.eu/collections/PCB but the store is not in the UK

1 Like

Did you finish this pack??

I want to do the exact same with a few changes

Yes the pack was complete, and used in my Trampa carve… along with eboosted enclosure…

1 Like

Have you got any build pics?

Pictures on old phone, but I built my battery exactly like @Eboosted build, because I used his Carve Enclosure, even 10 gauge wires connecting each battery, only difference was I ran my BMS wires on the side left side and right side, I also shrink wrapped the batteries first and ran bms wires over to the side, on top of srink wrap. Also, I tried using the solder bms spots that were on the Kug3lis PCB but the bms wires kept breaking. So I just soldered the bms wires on top of positive bus bar and it worked out good

1 Like

Yeah i would have done this too

Ok thanks. I have looked at his battery builds before, I really didn’t know what to think of it.

1 Like

I’m starting my 12s4p build in the same enclosure. I wouldn’t mind seeing your setup. Thanks

image image image

2 Likes