Building first Esk8!

Hey, can you check if the parts i selected will work well? Thanks

diy-electric-skateboard-kits-parts/12t-htd5-20mm-motor-pulley/

diy-electric-skateboard-kits-parts/36t-abec11-drive-wheel-pulley/

diy-electric-skateboard-kits-parts/265mm-htd5-12mm-belt/

Then i have the 6374 motor i talked about on 12S, will that give me enough torque up hills?

Only issue with your pulleys is that the motor pulley is 20mm wide. Since the motor pulley is the only pulley that has flanges on both sides, so since your belt is only 12mm wide, it may want to walk off of the other pulley.

I would recommend getting at least a 13t or 14t motor pulley to avoid skipping. I assure you, a 6374 will give you plenty of torque with 13/36 or 14/36!

Good luck!

2 Likes

Thanks, they only had the 20mm version of the 12T pulley.

I replaced it with this, is it fine? diy-electric-skateboard-kits-parts/13t-htd5-motor-pulley-12mm/

I also wonder what charger i’m gonna use for the 18650 batteries. I already have a lipo charger but i don’t think i can use it

Not with 12S Just get a bms

1 Like

That pulley looks fine. Just make sure that you have enough clearance for the set screw. If not, you might have to go to the hardware store to get a smaller one.

I’ve been using a LiPo balance charger for my Samsung 25r 10S4P pack with no issues. What kind of LiPo charger do you have?

1 Like

I also have a budget you know? I wrote it in the beginning, but i am already over it

Well then just don’t charge your board :wink: JkJk Seriously though unless you have a 12S Lipo Charger, a BMS is just going to be part of the requirements. Unless you really want to save an extra $30 for a shitload of extra work

1 Like

I have a charger i got from my local hobby store, it can only charge up to 6S though. http://www.rc-deler.no/produkt/imaxrc-x80-ac-dc-balance-charger/

i dont know where you are located but here is a 6374 sk3 but its only 149kv but you can get the speed back in the gear reduction, plus it will have a higher torque. Only 1 left act fast https://www.amazon.com/Turnigy-Aerodrive-SK3-6374-149kv-Brushless/dp/B00URCM8RO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1498744470&sr=8-1&keywords=sk3+6374

Be careful with this link! Looks like the seller is selling shitty motors

1 Like

Haha, i would like a BMS but i haven’t read a lot about it, and i don’t know what’s best to buy. Any recommendations?

I looked at the SK3’s and i would like to buy them from hobbyking themselves but they are all sold out, so i wanna go for something else. Torqueboards doesn’t have a lower kv motor.

whats weird is amazon says “sipped and sold by HobbyKing” under the price. but hobbyking also seems to have them

and the 192kv also is in stock its your lucky day!

@abctheing

1. Go on ebay and get one that can handle as many amps as you want to charge with. Learn how to wire it so you are “Bypassing BMS”
  2. Make a margarita cuz “Treat yo self”
1 Like

Thanks, but what should i search for? “electric skateboard bms” or what?

No, i was supposed to buy the 192kv but even though it says it’s in stock it’s not. So no way i am ordering a SK3.

12S BMS SK3 are not bad.

1 Like

Thanks. SK3’s are good i know, but out of stock.

I found this BMS: http://www.ebay.com/itm/44V-48V-50-4V-12S-30A-Lithium-ion-Li-ion-LiPo-Li-Polymer-Battery-BMS-PCB-System-/221274094989?hash=item3384f6bd8d:g:30UAAOxy-NVSEdSO

It says it can handle 30A, does that mean i can charge with 30A??? That’s a lot, no way i’m going to charge that fast.

I also don’t know how i can plug it in the wall to get charge power. Edit: Power supply

Looks good to me. You should be able to find info on this forum about how to set up a wall charger with. BMS I am not a good source of info there as I personally have yet to use one.

1 Like