Building my 1st!

After gathering some Intel from this site, I’m setting out on my build. It will be a 6s, 245kv single drive. As for the esc, I’m pretty set on the hobbywing max8, but I’m open to suggestions. I don’t want a vesc, as I’m only running 6s, and don’t want to mess with programming. I’m using the 100mm mbs all-terrain wheels. Gullwing sidewinder trucks. I have a motor mount from amazon, seems like it will work. Open to comments, suggestions, or opinions. Thanks for a super informative site!! 20180210_152921|666x500

2 Likes

That enclosure looks a bit precarious. Is that a hub motor on the rear right? It looks tiny. :no_mouth: Can you post the range, speed you’re looking for? I am sure we can help.

It’s a wheel pulley in the rear from the looks of it. No belt or motor is connected yet. :wink:

Ah. The blur didn’t really give it away. I am curious as to how he is going to mount the motor and pulley :thinking:

Hoping to hit 25mph (40kmh) with a 245 kv motor. Mount isn’t shown on the board, but it fits like a glove!. Any input is appreciated!

You’ll hit 25mph assuming you’re gearing it 15/36 with those 100mm wheels. Going that fast sounds a bit sketchy considering you’re using gullwing sidewinders combined with a short wheelbase.

2 Likes

12T :ok_hand: 10 chars

1 Like

I full well expect to street my face the first time or two hahaaa. But in reality, my caliber2’s have more flex than the sidewinder. Stiffer bushings are coming in the mail. And yeah, its a belt drive, just isn’t connected. I have yet to order the motor and esc. Anyone have any luck with the max8 esc? Looks like a solid unit…

1 Like