BullyDeck_37 Inch Drop Down deck Integrated Enclosure...Designing and Gauging interest for GB 😉

I like the look and I like the fact that it’s drop down. I recently made a new board with drop-down deck and it’s very comfortable and controllable.

But, maybe not have the drop through though. Makes it less strong. Also you can taper off the edges a bit to make it look slim. Like a MacBook.

BTW, why have bottom mount? Why not do it from.thr top? If you want w concave. You can still do that with an appropriate cover.

1 Like

Well the truck are there for reference only. You can mount it drop through too. I will had fobweass so should be strong enough. Now the 2 ends are 14mm so I strong enough. For the w concave I can have it on top but at the bottom would require thicker lid.

Company agreed with making it! Great. Of course now there is the Chinese New Year. I will manage to have a sample first but in case someone is interested I would get a better price if I buy more of them and so you :smile:. Would someone be interested in this intagrated deck? I can make a pool where we can discuss the last details, such as final concave, color (it will change a bit the price I guess), drop through-down or drop down only (the drop has to stay, so nice!), underneath chamber space ecc… We will have until the end of the New Year holiday to modify it. The price should be below 200 Euro in BE + shipping to you. I will try to keep as low as possible. Of course the more we buy the less we pay. That’s the orientative price for 10 decks. So cool!

2 Likes

Sorry, I wasn’t very clear. By top mount I mean, having the cutouts on the upper side of the deck.

Ah ok sorry didn’t get it. Well because I think it’s more difficult to make the lid for it afterwards. Plus I am planning to make it in the same wood material. I am not sure I would like to step on it with the risk of put pressure on the hardware. The lid would be rather thin, just to cover.

1 Like

Here with the lid…

com-crop deck%20thin%20lid%20open deck%20thin%20lid

4 Likes

This looks fantastic. What’s the final dimension of the cutouts?

Yeh I really like it a lot, I am looking forward to make it! Grooves are 540 x 80mm x 24mm (1mm is taken by the lid). You can fit 12s4p easy. 13s4p maybe with a dual vesc.

This rendering looks dope, I can feel it!

street%20rendering

4 Likes

Looks cool! Congrats! As I’m working on a similar design I wonder how it’s going to be made? Looks like not a easy thing to do. Nice looking design and just hope that we won’t see it soon on Alibaba for half of the price.

2 Likes

I saw your decks really nice man! Yeh that the downside of asking a company over see. Although I do not have the time of build a press to make decks. Is going to be maple with 2 layer of fiber glass in between.

Thank you @rey8801 it was a lot of work but I manage to do it.

rey%20deck

I’m wondering about this area. Is it going to be milled? This thin part for trucks?

2 Likes

Ah I see what you mean no I think they are going to add multiple layers only at the level of the enclosure before press the drop down shape. So you actually do not need to mill the first part. That what I think but can be wrong. I thought about it but they day its not a problem to make it. I will ask for sure.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s what they are probably going to do. Ollinboardcompany also does the same thing.

1 Like

@rey8801 I love where you are headed, but I think this in conjunction with what you have already done would be a great improvement!

1 Like

Hi! I updated the first post. There the lower part is chamfered now. The rest of the board no need to model since I will just say to fillet all the edges. I put the chamfer at the bottom because is more prominent and important. Or do you mean the entire side to be angled towards the bottom?

1 Like

Yeah, the whole edge around the thick part, take it down at an angle or something to make it look slimmer.

Then again, I know nothing about design.

2 Likes

It’s possible, I will try and post it. Design it’s easy. Then we will have to see how much they ask to do it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Here we go 15^ degree angle. Not bad!

sneakyboard_thiner_2019-Jan-27_07-14-10PM-000_CustomizedView27734180319_png sneakyboard_thiner_2019-Jan-27_07-15-11PM-000_CustomizedView10086010463_png

7 Likes

Hi guys…so got I discuss with the factory and they gave me some advice. I need to make the lid a bit thicker in order to be one layer fiberglass and one layer maple, so I had to change the whole model :tired_face: I didn’t model the cable routing for the moment, that really easy and I will make it at the end this time.

With the help of @mishrasubhransu I am going to test AT setup on this board. He recently modified his board so he knows where to make the cuts. He also remembered me the NESE modules, so one of the pool would be about that. The current grooves are 80mm wide so NESE modules fit nicely, but we could also go for a single groove and therefore have enough space for the wide NESE module and way more cells. I need to see if the structure would be strong enough in that case. If you do not mind I will run a bit of surveys to understand which paths to take, so that at the end we will both like it. :grin: Your contribution is really welcome!

BullyDeck_V3

com-optimize test3BullyDeck_thiner_2019-Jan-28_10-23-17PM-000_CustomizedView22289114462_png test3BullyDeck_thiner_2019-Jan-28_09-57-22PM-000_CustomizedView24077250594_png test3BullyDeck_thiner_2019-Jan-28_09-57-47PM-000_CustomizedView138562722_png test3BullyDeck_thiner_2019-Jan-28_09-58-29PM-000_CustomizedView57985202738_png test3BullyDeck_thiner_2019-Jan-28_10-00-36PM-000_CustomizedView5933200760_png

2 Likes

Polls:

Which type of layout for the integrated enclosure?

• Single groove
  • Dual grooves as it is now

0 voters

Do you like the drop through choice?

• Yes, I like both drop through/down
  • No, I prefer drop down only

0 voters

How would you use this deck?

• PU 4ever!
  • AT setup
  • Gummies

0 voters