Bushing Set up Help

OK, no worries, I know Calibers are made in China but they are normally fairly consistent!

First offā€¦ Are calibers made in china?! Secondly, with chinese truck i meant my back truck

1 Like

Yes, Caliber Trucks are made in China or Taiwan as are Paris, and almost all other popular cast trucks

2 Likes

Hi @Alphamail What is the difference between caliberII cups standard and caliber precision cups? Is there a size difference? For use with TB218. Thanks. :+1:

Caliber ā€œStandardā€ TKP truck and the one below is for Caliber I RKP trucks (I am guessing here regarding the ad copy since there are not many Caliber Precision trucks out there). The TB 218 takes the Caliber II pivots and Caliber precision trucks take a different pivot.

There are just so many options! Iā€™ve put off begging for answers in this thread but if anyone wants to chime in Iā€™d be grateful :slight_smile:

Load : 200 lbs / 90kg

Trucks : TB 218mm

Wheels : 6" Pneumatic Tires

Mount: Dropthrough

Deck Length : 39"

I currently use a double barrel setup of Orangatang Yellow 89a on a similar board (though not dropthrough) which is fine, but I want my new board to be perfect. With the double barrel I can make sharp turns and still be stable at speed. I ride pretty carvey in general, but like to hit 25mph when commuting

Anyway my TB 218mm has all stock right now, so Iā€™d like to replace the pivot cups and bushings. I was thinking the WFB 96a for pivot cups, but have never bothered to replace them before so I donā€™t know

Open to all suggestions. Which pivot cup? Should I stick to double barrel on both sides or a barrel/chubby in the back? Teach me the ways oh gurus, just donā€™t make me use the search function :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Man when I was a kid your options were Doh-Dohs and other colors of Doh-Dohs lol

Iā€™m sure there were more options out there but there was only one skate shop in town growing up and those were your choices :slight_smile:

Oh man then youā€™d get that small CCS catalog every month, that thing was like my Cosmo Iā€™d spend hours looking at all the stuff I couldnā€™t afford, circling stuff and building my dream board

1 Like

Hey @SuperBen, My personal favorite is the 96a Caliber II pivots for the TB218ā€™s and as for bushings you have a lot of choices, From above:

Cone / Cone: Extremely carvey set up, generally used for low speed pedestrian slalom, campus crusing Cone / Canon: Playful carving set up, good for commuting where tight turns are occasionally needed. Low to medium speeds Canon / Canon: Versatile set up for medium to high speeds, can be run loose for tight turns and tighter for high speeds. Response is very linear Canon / FatCone: Similar to the Canon / Canon but the response is progressive. Resistance ramps up progressively the further you go. Canon / Magnum: Extremely stable set up, meant for very high speeds or a heavier rider with a wide board

We weigh the same so KranK 90 or APS 90 should work great in the desired shape combo description above

2 Likes

Ok definitely getting the 96a pivot cups.

When you say Canon is that the same as barrels? I ask because I donā€™t see the word canon on any part of your site.

Right now Iā€™m thinking

Pivot: 96a Front Trucks: Krank 90a Barrel / Krank 90a Barrel Rear Trucks: Krank 90a Barrel Roadside / Krank FatCone 90a Boardside

Does that look about right? And should fit my TB 218mm trucks?

Hey Iā€™m quite the heavy guy I love the riptides on my Evo they work perfect with my 218mm trucks but I just got my Raptor 2 and I donā€™t like the bushings they are too soft for me do you make anything for Raptor trucks?

http://www.riptidesports.com/paris-series-bushings/

Also our search function works on the website

2 Likes

Ahhhh so its slightly wider than your average barrel.

Dangit I see the Canon section now itā€™s off to the right of the menu.

Pivot: 96a Front Trucks: Krank 90a Canon / Krank 90a Canon Rear Trucks: Krank 90a Canon Boardside / Krank FatCone 90a Roadside

Thanks for taking your personal time to answer my questions. Placing an order now, nice to see companies from my area! I was born in SB :slight_smile:

1 Like

Run the FatCone boardside, it will be much more effective there

1 Like

Thank you! I almost got that backwards, I was going to ask that as well, but searching it up kept showing it roadside.

Ok this may be a dumb question but should I put the smaller end of the FatCone taper against the baseplate or small end against the hanger?

Fat end towards the baseplate

2 Likes

1- Taco Trucks. Dunno what they are because they came from an old Stella Pintail. I think 90Ā° but unsure.

2- Barrel/cone 83 duro

3- They feel great at speeds up to 20mph but are really touchy and jumpy at anything higher. Sometimes it feels like it suddenly compresses and wonā€™t rebound when going straight which could mean my trucks are too tight? Not too bad of a turning circle now but Iā€™d like to keep it small. I want more stability at high speeds without sacrificing too much turning ability.

4- Commuting full speed to work on smooth roads.

5- Zenit Marble 38, no wheelbite problems with my current setup but it does get close on really tight turns.

6- 130lbs.

90 degree Taco trucks? Can you measure the height of the barrel and cone?

The other day I tried some different stuff. I ended up with: Rear: Surfrodz 50 deweged to 35. Cupped Washer / Barrel 90 / fatcone 90 (krank) Front: Surfrodz 50. Barrel 87 / barrel 87 (Krank) ( I also liked the barrel / barrel in 90).

This set up could be the one to go with. But I want to see and feel what happens if I change the rear angel even further. I have a 35 baseplate that I will try and dewedge it to 25 and 30 and feel what happens.

In generalā€¦ @Alphamail would you go harder on the bushings when the angle goes down?

1 Like

Either harder or bigger does the trick depending on the application. As an example moving up from a cone to a barrel

And in your experience, can you say anything in generalā€¦ If you dewedge by xx degrees then you jump one color or dimension?

1 Like