Bushing Set up Help

I have been toying with a couple of ideas to reduce the depth, would you be open to trying some things?

1 Like

@Alphamail I would if it isnā€™t too big of a hassle,and I have an extra front truck to work on if anything goes wrong.

1 Like

@Blix, I am a little confused by your question but I will answer what I think your are asking. I would not wedge the front of a 50 degree Paris setup but I would dewedge the rear with a Paris 43 or an angled riser for the 50 degree plate. If you want to keep the stock bushings try running the front cone / barrel with flat washers and the rear cone / barrel with cupped washers too compensate for the difference in base plate angles

1 Like

Hey @Alphamail, quick update for my FWD board (thus need new advice too haha)

I ditched the 9" Cal V2 and am picking a pair of 50Ā° Paris V2 150mm at the shop by Tuesday : narrow is better! They donā€™t have the 43Ā° baseplate in stock though, only angled risers.

I have kinda set my choice on combo pivot WFB + APS Magnum boardside + WFB Cannon roadside front & rear.

Which durometer (front / rear and boardside / roadside) would you recommend for me ?

Extended stock Wheelbase is 55cm. I lost some weight and am now 84.5kg.

Also (is it important?) : since I have to wait for shipping, Iā€™ll be riding the board analog till September.

Thank by advance!

1 Like

Hi! I realized I still need bushings optimum for my upcoming build, I also just picked up a pair of Riptide custom esk8 risers! Will be using both risers front and back

1. Brand of Truck - Torqueboard 218mm Trucks

2. No bushings installed

3, Iā€™m looking for stable but still carvy experience. not too loose as it makes it less ideal when cruising further distances.

1. I want to use it as a sort of all around setup, good for carving but something I can still cruise to take me from A to B but no serious downhill uses.

2. Hummie Deck. Shouldnā€™t have wheel bite, going to be using 6.5" pneumatics on these, tested for no wheel bite on similar sized wheels

3. Weighing 102kg

hope that provides all the info needed. I am stilll getting my parts together but the trucks are what I will be using as Iā€™ve already committed to a gear drive that uses mounts for the TB218 trucks. Thanks!

1 Like

You should call Brad from Riptide and ask him! I called him and I ended up buying Riptide Canon bushings and Caliber II Pivot Cups for my TB 218mm trucks! Calling him was helpful because he asked me my weight and how I prefer to ride

1 Like

I canā€™t do international phone calls as Iā€™m not based in the US unfortunately :pensive: does He reply via email or IM?

1 Like

Sorry for the delay, I was single handed today and involved in several off site meetings so today is shot and I will try to put some thought into the most recent questions when I am fresh in the AM

1 Like

No worries @Alphamail! Good to hear from you and looking forward to your recommendations. I may likely just straight off purchase the bushings and pivot cups that you recommend as theyy appear to doing well for everyone else :smile:

1 Like

Below is a PM that I think is relevant here, my answers are in BOLD

I would appreciate some recommendations for my bushings and pivot cups and especially the difference how let`s say mangum and canon bushings feel for example.

Vanguard 38" non electric: Trucks: Paris v1 180mm 50Ā° Bushings: 90a divine barrel/cone with cups

I have a very bad turning radius because i think my bushings are to hard for my weight, but the force i feel to turn is still too soft for me and not stable at speeds. So i need a more controlled turn, maybe progressive. I have propably overtightened my bushings as well for faster ridesā€¦Is that why they feel so light in turns if I loosen them up for carving?

I will use this build for 10-15mph rides, maybe 20mph but definetly not above that. I would like to have a nice rebound that is pushing me from carve to carve.

I would suggest Canons all around in 87a and have cupped washers and flats available to further tune the setup to your liking. Run the sharp edge of the bushing towards the hanger for the most stable setup

Hummie 40" electric: Trucks: Paris v2 195mm 50Ā° Bushings: 90a divine barrel/barrel cup/flat

I don`t have this setup yetā€¦ But I have already ordered some tunnel risers and want to order everything together and not waste a lot of shipping to europe with separated ordersā€¦

I was looking for a very stable ride with this E-Board. Canon or Magnum possibly mixed and 87a or 90a krank Rebound is important for me, I like the feel of getting pushed back to center if i do quick impulsive turns. But the focus is on high speed stability with this build.

Could you tell me the differences I would experience with Magnum/Canon vs Canon/Canon vs Magnum/Magnum

I suggest having a variety available in KranK 87 and 90 so you do not need to reorder. Say a couple of pairs of Canons and a pair of Magnums per durometer. You will find something that works great with several combinations that you need to try yourself. Common combinations are as follows with the top bushing / the bottom bushing: Front Canon / Canon, rear Canon / Magnum + Front Canon / Magnum, rear Canon / Magnum + Front Canon / Canon, rear Magnum / Magnum. I strongly suggest dropping the rear baseplate angle to 43 or lower to increase stability

I weigh 58kg so propably 87a but 90a is more stable, I can`t decide itā€¦

I shouldn`t get any wheelbite with 83mm wheels on the hummie deck and 70mm on the vanguardā€¦

Softer Pivot Cups equal to what? Like a little bit of wiggle without actuatlly turning? I donā€™t get them. I will propably take 95a or 96aā€¦ but for lightweight riders you said 90a could be goodā€¦ ah why canā€™t i just decide it. :confounded:

Stick with the 96a, we have the longest history and the best overall performance with that duro so you canā€™t go wrong

2 Likes

For an advanced rider with a lot of bushing experience, mixing duro and compound is fine. Do you fit into that category? Otherwise, it is best to stick with the compound most to hit the sweet spot all the same durometer and differentiate the requirements with the shapes of the bushings in the different positions! The reason I ask is in order of adjustability from low to high (response to kingpin nut clamping pressure), our compounds go WFB, APS then KranK with the highest adjustability

1 Like

With your weight and the height of your setup plus pneumatics, I think you will need the KranK 96a Canons and Magnums front and rear. If you dewedge the rear a bit, you stability will go up and if you do run the front Canon / Magnum and the rear Magnum / Magnum

1 Like

The downside of calling is I am rarely available and the information is not shared here. Information such as weight and riding style plus experience should be included in your question on this thread

Would running 96 a give still give decent carveability? Interesting I didnā€™t know having larger or heavier wheels would affect the pushings like using pneumatics. What angle is recommended to de wedge the rear trucks?

1 Like

How wide is the Hummie deck? At 102KG, you should be able to carve the 96 with flat washers just fineā€¦To be safe, get two pair of the Canon and one pair of the Magnum. As for the rear, throw in a 5 to 10 degree dewedge to reduce the rearā€™s turning input

1 Like

The Hummie deck is 10" wide. Any chance you could point me to a good place to pick up the riser for de wedging? Appreciate the help alot!

1 Like

OK, you will have a lot of leverage over the trucks but if you like to run loose, use the KranK 93a. Wedge kits can be had here: http://www.sk8kings.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=S&Category_Code=WR

1 Like

just to clarify, that much leverage you describe is if I use it with the 93a? Iā€™ll probably give the wedge kit a go after I get a better feel with the bushings but will definitely still consider them!

I have A Raptor2. The ride is too stiff. Turning radius is way too large.

I weigh 150 lbs w/pack and pads.

I just donā€™t feel the ā€œreboundā€ everyone talks about. I can lean and turn a wide corner, but if it werenā€™t for the kicktail, Iā€™d have a hard time navigating paths or small streets.

I just need some more give in the trucks.

Thanks for al this help.

Same leverage no matter what bushings you use, I was just confirming you were not on a narrow or really twisty deck

1 Like