C section - 1.0, carbon integrated enclosure 40 inch deck, 218 tb trucks, 97 abec wheels, 6374 SK8 motors, reverse mounts, dual vesc x

I know right They fit with 1mm between them. 218 trucks, accept no substitute

Hey man I’m using 16/36 and 330 belts 5m 15mm that i bought from RS components as quality belts are a must have. Gives great torque and still tops out above 50ks on 10s! I’m 110kgs too

1 Like

@SuperBen Thanks man, that board shouldn’t be sold at the price point to be honest. Massive rip off. I got mine for next to nothing so all good but shit two grand for that! Hell no. I had to modify the existing baseplates to fit the tb hangers as I didn’t realise they weren’t standard. I’d already dropped them through.

1 Like

My bad, brakes were twitchy because one of the mounts was loose and was binding the motor against the other. :blush: Tightened it up and now sweet as again.

1 Like

Love the look of this build. I’m surprised after all the talk that you got those SK8 motors on there too… You say 1mm to spare… Did you do anything to make space savings, or did it just fit?

Are you using 15mm belts ?

@Randyc1 yeah man 15mm, @bloke900 the motor mounts are adjustable on the truck hanger, you have to position them so that they dont bind on each other while still leaving enough axle to fully engage the lock nut. It is very tight though with the SK8 motors as they have the rear bearing outside of the can so they are a little bigger than 74mm

1 Like

Hey guys just a bit of advice needed, I want to upgrade the battery to either a 10s4p or 12s3p both will fit without much modification but the question is will the 12s draw less amps than the 10s and therefore keep everything more efficient?

12s will give you more speed but less range… id stick with the 10s…

1 Like

I thought watthour is big decide factor for range? if u go 10s with same battery amount, u can get more amp out. but range should be same. u can get much more benefit than just speed. for example heat or wire thick ness and stress on components.

1 Like

Volts an amps is exactly like hp vs torque. I guess the decision to go with 10s or 12s is upto you. I personally have 10s on dual 6374s and i cant even use more than half trigger on the remote… 12s would be out of control… unless running phuematics tyres then 12s would be the go as you need more power to run them…

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback man yeah I’m running 10s 3p atm and getting over 50kmh so speed is not really an issue but somewhere in my memory is something I read regarding higher voltage reducing the draw on the escs and keeping everything cooler. Maybe I dreamt it lol More research i fear.

Um the only reason he would have less range on the 12s3p is because it has less cells, meaning less watt hours. Watt hours are calculated by nominal voltage x ah.

2 Likes

@dareno Dude I hear ya I would never have paid $2k for that rebranded board. I bought mine direct on Alibaba for 1/4 of the cost before I knew anything about diy

How did you have to modify the baseplate to fit the TB 218mm hangar? You got my wheels spinning on this board again, I already have a set of 107’s with pulleys fitted not on a board right now, and will have a spare set of focboxes once my escapes come to replace them on my current build, so might as well pick it back up :slight_smile:

@SuperBen Man, modify is too strong a term really lol they fit as is but the distance between the bushing bolt and the pivot stud on the tb hanger is shorter so i cut the tb pivot bushing and used it as a packer so the hanger couldn’t move. Takes five minutes. I also used all the tb bushings as they are just better quality If I was to use this deck again though (watch this space) I would just drop the tb base plates through as the footprint of them is narrower and would leave more board.

1 Like

Hey guys optimum settings for this dual set up for my focboxes? What can i squeeze out of it before meltdown? @Esk8t.nz @Eboosted @banjaxxed and anyone else that feels my need for speed!!

@SuperBen hey man what kind of power are you getting from those big inrunners? mine were pants! I was wondering if it was the controllers or the motors?

Whats ur current settings? You can go upto 100 amp motor max, i run mine at 60 but even at that there more than enough… if you think you need more then bump yours upto 80amp… And 40-45 amp batt max… some guys run them higher… Regen is upto you… i run my dual setup at -30 amp How do you go with speed wobbles at over 40km? I changed my rear bushings to a harder compound…

1 Like

Thanks man I’ll mess around with it and see how I go, Speed wobbles were a problem at first but once I dialed it all in its fine now. A bit on the tight side for me but stable. The deck is super stiff and the whole thing is low down with drop throughs and that all helps.

Your getting over 50 km/h ,…what gearing are you using with the 97mm wheels ?