Caliber truck measurements? will a 15mm pulley system fit?

As the title suggests am I wondering if a 15mm wide belt system will fit on 184mm caliber 1 or 2 truck?

I am looking for the crucial measurement from the end of the thick part to where it starts get a different shape. Tried to illustrate what I am looking for in the picture below

I also tried to pm @ProtoBoards about the measurements of his motor mount so i can figur out if it all will fit.

So if any one have a 15mm wide belt setup on a 184mm caliber truck would like to share if they hade to do any modifications or if it all fitted without any problem I would appreciate it :slight_smile: Or if anyone have the motor mount from protoboards and could share those measurements. Almost every one have caliber trucks her on the forum so if any one have the measurement I am looking for and wiling to help me out, would relay be appreciated

thanks for all the answers in in advance. :grin:

1 Like

Yes it fits easily as single drive.

I am glad to hear that! :slight_smile: About how much wiggle room is ther to spare?

is the distance about 5 cm ?

I have a dual drive with 15mm pulleys. There’s only about 5mm between the motor cans but that’s enough.

I am going for single drive setup so that is not an issues. I was worried about that the wheelpulley getting to far in towards the center so that the motor mount could not fit properly for correct belt alignment

I think you might have to file the curved part of the truck a little depending on your mount. I have a 15mm pulley and DIY mount on the way. I’ll let you know if I need modifications when I get them.

would be great if you could do that :grin:

This is with 12mm pulley.

1 Like

Perfect! exactly what i needed thank you so much.

is that the kegel wheels? i am wondering because I am going to go for the kegel wheels.

Which motors are you using?

Yes those are kegels. Dual 12mm is possible but I don’t know if it can do dual 15mm with enertion/maytech etc motors.

I am only going for single motor setup so for me that is no issue

I don’t either, but I’m curious. If anyone knows please chime in. I can verify that you CAN do dual 15mm with TB/DIY motors.

These measurements surprise me as I opted to go with 9 mm belts (11 mm pulleys) and I only have about 2mm between my motors. Unless its the motors (dual Torqueboards 6355’s).

hi guys, this is my setup with 15mm belts and 184 caliber trucks and 6355 motors. i had to put 3 washers on the truck either side to bring the wheels out to give the motors enough room. it’s working fine.

3 Likes

You might need to move your motor mounts more out from the center of the truck and move the motor pulley closer to the can.

1 Like