Calling All Experts

Excellent idea. I’ve definitely gotten away with bringing a few heavy duty V-Mount batteries in my camera bag with no problems.

i vouch for Lipo use, and i’m not bias because i use both types of batteries (18650 and lipo) in a few of my boards. Ive never had a problem, as long as you don’t buy a cheap balance charger you should be fine. And Lipos are more “dense”, more compact. 18650’s are cylinders so there is naturally gaps between cells.

Edit: Lion or Lifepo all the way

2 Likes

Dont go 12s with tourqeboards vesc, it will blow up, VESCs are so popular because of its ability to be programmed like basically anything you wish you can change so much you wont understand more than a half of it

You realize this thread is from 2 years ago right :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Back when I used to vouch for Lipos.

6 Likes

I still use both. For cheap boards they are still a viable alternative. I prefer my 30Q packs though, much easier to maintain, vastly increased charge cycles and lots of capacity.

3 Likes

Why do these threads come up and I always reply and then someone says this to me…

I still use Lipos. There still isn’t a Lion out there that can meet my discharge needs at an acceptable weight

HA! I am using 13s on Maytech VESC. Never had problems. Nice try. And you know TB sales their skateboards with 12s battery packs right?

Have you pulled more than 500-600 watts? If youre not running at its full potential or beyond that of 10s or 12s, just having a 13s battery isnt a good indicator of reliability I could run 14s all day long at 500watt…doesn’t mean anything If you’re pulling 4-5kw between 2 vescs then we can talk :wink:

I don’t think I have enough traction to pull more than 900 watts const., but gas flooring never killed it. Was just trying to disprove @pennyboard

Probably max a is 30

Too many stories of fried vesc here from now on im with focbox and vesc6

I’ve pulled about 1200 watts on 12s between 2 VESCs during acceleration on flat ground. I’ve never looked at the data for when I accelerate up hill. (1200 watts per VESC so 2400 watts total.) I’d guess I’m pulling somewhere between 4000 and 5000 watts accelerating up hill.

If you think about 4~5kw is a lot of frickin Power for a skateboard